Hilton Barbados Resort
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
$302
$293
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$220
$195
Courtyard
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$145
Paradise Villas(Black Rock)(Great Value!)
$120
Orbitz.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$197
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
$502
$489
Coconut Court Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$235
$348
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
3,997 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelighthouse restaurantpool barbay viewkids clubtour deskhappy hourcareenage barthe grillbrown sugarneedham's pointprivate beachday passrented a carthe gapthe cliffcarlisle bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Wife, daughter, son and self have just finished a WONDERFUL 11 night stay at this property. Those 20% of review(er)s that are not in the 'Excellent' or 'Very good' category must have been staying at a different property!

OK, it may have helped that both my wife and I are HHonors Diamond (we used two HV711 Reward Certificates) but General Manager - Matthew Mullan, Director of Operations - (Bad, Bad!) Leroy Browne, Front Office Manager - Shawn Smith, and the rest of the Hilton Barbados team were AMAZING! Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The same could be said of Bajans generally - some of the most delightful, polite, helpful and friendly people you could ever wish to meet.

What annoys me is reviews that complain of 'poor location' (ever heard of taxis and/or rental cars?), of the Barbados infrastructure (this is a Caribbean island, not London, New York or Paris), or anything else that just illustrates how little research some people carry out before travelling.

In the past two years alone my wife and I have had multiple stays at Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental properties in the Middle and Far East, and while the Hilton Barbados may lack some of the upmarket facilities offered by these hotels this property certainly does not disgrace itself - it is certainly so much more than an 'average Hilton'.

Just a quick 'thumbs up' for, amongst others, Calabaza Sailing Cruises, Champers (so good we went there twice), Tapas, The Fish Pot, Mullins, Brown Sugar (just 7-8 minutes walk from the Hilton) restaurants, Oistins Friday Fish Fry, Sunbury Plantation House, St Nicholas Abbey, and rum punches - all great experiences.

Great island, great people, great hotel - we simply cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank A_Brit_Overseas
Sharmer2000, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments and it was our pleasure to have you with us on the beautiful island of Barbados. We look forward to having you and your family back with us in the near future to experience the wonders of the Caribbean.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We chose this hotel because my boyfriend has gold status with Hilton so we had access to the executive lounge. Upon arrival, they gave us cold towels and a glass of punch at check-in. Our room was nice although the bed was quite firm. Shower and tub were separate. Hotel was very quiet and the pool not crowded. My only complaint was the location. Bridgetown isnt the greatest for shoppping or picture taking. We hired a taxi driver from the airport and for $25/hr had an all day tour to other parts of the island which made our trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laura3606

Thank you for your comments and delighted you enjoyed your stay in Barbados. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed there for 9 days with a baby and a 2-year old. Hotel is nice and tidy and has friendly staff, a nice indoor kids' club with lovely nannies for kids over 3, but no kids' pool, playground or other outdoor facilities for children. The location of the hotel was maybe the weakest point, no restaurants, shopping or anything nearby, so basically the most feasible dining option was one of the two restaurants at the hotel. The only way to leave the hotel and see the surroundings was to have a rental car. You can walk from there to the main road which leads to Bridgetown, but the road has no pavement or is extremely narrow and is really unsafe and impossible to walk on, especially with a buggy.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Mimint
Sharmer2000, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are pleased to note you had a pleasant stay in Barbados. Please get in touch if I can assit with any future travels to these beautiful islands.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

I will list the positives and negatives:

Positives:
1) Good location - Walkable to restaurants, gas station, slots, Bridgetown (though it is about 1/2 hour walk to Bridgetown, but not impossible to do, and you can walk on the beach for most of the way if you choose to)
2) Friendly staff - I never encountered any rudeness, everyone was very friendly.
3) Nice Executive Lounge - Free Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, Snacks, Free Internet, Free printer services, and great view of the ocean.
4) Nice Workout room - never very crowded, and view of the ocean.
5) We were given a complimentary platter of cheese and fruit, plus a bottle of wine (that costs $45 USD in their bar). It was a special occasion for us, and this was a really nice touch.
6) Nice pools - clean, not crowded.
7) Beach - nice, with a fun "wave pool".
8) Room view - every room in the hotel has some view of the ocean, which is nice.
9) Elevators - They have 4 working elevators, and we never waited more than a minute for each one to come. I have to say, this was probably the best hotel experience I had with elevators. Fast and efficient.
10) Nightly turn down service if requested, which includes 2 free bottles of water.
11) They emptied out our fridge for us so that we could put our own food in there, and did not charge us for the convenience.

Negatives:
1) Room was a little dated - now the rooms were just built in 2005, but the main green sheet covering the bed was uncomfortable and had a lot of threads coming out. Also, the tvs are not flat screen - not a big deal, but most newer hotels that I've been to have updated this. Again, not a big deal.
2) Mattress - definitely not the most comfortable mattress. Very hard - some may like this, but it was very different than our mattresses at home, and we did not get a nice sleep for most nights there.
3) Morning Paper - we were promised a free paper everyday, yet 1/2 the days it did not show up. I never said anything about it and didn't care very much, but if they are advertising it, then they should follow through.
4) I had bought an expensive bottle of scotch from duty free when we left the airport, and one night I left some in my cup and went upstairs for a few minutes. When I came back, it was spilled out. I asked downstairs if anything could be done about this, but they said no. I would have appreciated something in return, maybe a free drink at the bar or something. I understand their situation though, and it was not a huge deal.
5) We were interested in renting a car, and even though there is no rental car service on site, they said they could do it for us. However, the rates they charged were outrageous. The cheapest car after taxes, fees and gas was well over $100 USD per day, and that was for a car without air conditioning. Rates on the island were much cheaper, so I would highly recommend booking a car yourself or online, and not going through them.

Side notes:
1) We never ate at any of the restaurants, so we can't vouch for price or taste.
2) They have happy hour from 5-6PM each night, where a lot of the drinks are half price. Beers were $6-8 USD, so at happy hour were $3-4. Fruity Drinks were $10 USD, and at happy hour were $5. So prices for happy hour were not terrible.
3) Although we did not see any, they claim to have turtles dock on the beach sometimes, which would have been cool to see.
4) They have 2 pools and a Jacuzzi. There is no swim-up bar.
5) They have the gym and spa on the 6th floor of the hotel. We did not try out the spa, but the prices were high.
6) Parking is free, although we did not rent a car.

If anyone has any questions about the hotel, please feel free to email me at yoshapman@hotmail.com. I cannot vouch for food, as we were on a special diet and brought all of our own food.

All in all we had a nice stay and would return if the price is right (we used HHonors points so this 1 week stay was free).

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yoshapman
Sharmer2000, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thank you for the detailed feedback, nice to read you had a wonderful Barbados experience and we do hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

If you want a big US style hotel that has all the amendities that you would expect from a US chain, this would be the hotel for you. Very much a business man's hotel. Beautify beach that goes on for miles, and you can walk to the new boardwalk nearby. Staff seem friendly enough, but it is tough to get that personal touch in such a large hotel. One does not quiet get the island feel from this hotel, but one can easily venture out the door to capture these flavours. Very conveniently located near town, and parking is free -- but then again, none of the hotels on the island charge for parking. The 10% service charge on the room rate is just a cash grab, and is more of an irritant when you get your bill -- especially if you have been tipping out as you go along. Good reason to boycott this facility. I did not feel that there was super duper service to justify this charge, ie service and ammnities were good, but not good enough to justify the added charge.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InBarbados123

Thank you for your valuable feedback andi am glad you enjoyed your trip to Barbados. We will try to make it clearer at time of booking that the service charges are included in the taxes quoted at the time of booking. I do hope to see you back in Barbados some day and thank you once again for your comments.