Hilton Barbados Resort
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
$283
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$199
Courtyard
Great 4.5/5
Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
$178
Very Good 4/5
Paradise Villas(Black Rock)(Great Value!)
$120
Orbitz.com
Very Good 4/5
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$197
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
$539
$448
Bookit.com
Great 4.5/5
Coconut Court Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$168
$307
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
3,996 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelighthouse restaurantpool barbay viewkids clubtour deskhappy hourcareenage barthe grillbrown sugarneedham's pointprivate beachday passrented a carthe gapthe cliffcarlisle bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I took our two kids, ages 4 and 8, to the Hilton Barbados for 9 nights. The reason we chose this hotel is because of the children's pool and beach area being so close to the hotel. This is NOT a resort. This is merely a hotel with 3 pools (2 adult and 1 child's wading pool) and a hot tub. The nice thing is that the pool is right off the hotel and the beach is right off the pool. So everything is nice and close and you don't have to be trekking all over to get to the pools, beach or back to your room. There is a beach restaurant to get lunch so that's nice as well. There is a bar and drink service as well. The nice thing is that when you are thirsty or hungry there is a flag on the back of your chair and you just put that up and someone is generally at your chair taking your order in about 5 minutes.

There are only 2 restaurants in addition to the beach side restaurant. The Light House and The Grille. We only went to the Grille once as it is more fancy and less catered to children. The restaurants do, however, have a children's menu. My children chose to eat the pizza all week. The chicken nuggets were okay. The macaroni and cheese has spinach and is loaded with garlic. So that was definitely not a hit with my 4 year old daughter. The Light House restaurant was interesting. You never knew what you were going to expect for dinner there. One night was 1 hour. The next was THREE!!! And the restaurant was not busy at all. That's a long time when you've got kids. The food was okay. It was hard to convey sometimes if you had a special request like for instance: extra cheese. Sometimes it took 3 times asking to get it. The breakfast buffet was good. The selection was small in the hot meals but there was an omelette station as well as yogurt, fruit, breads and cereals. The ladies who worked in the mornings were amazing. 3 ladies in the Light House were fabulous to us and to my kids. They called them by name and gave them hugs and my kids fell in love. Margaret, June and Fiona were first class! Thank you ladies!!!

The Hilton is very local. The locals come for Sunday brunch - which makes for a long wait in line to get seated and a very packed restaurant. The beach is not a private beach but the locals tend to use the beach beside the Hilton so that was never an issue. The people are friendly and nice.

We went to Bridgetown one day with the kids to 'shop'. We went to Broad Street where the cruise ship guests usually go. I was not impressed at all. We spent only 10 minutes there and then took a taxi and asked him to take us to a market where we could buy handi crafts, necklaces, etc. He took us to the Pelican Market and there was probably only 4 booths open in the whole thing. We were very disappointed. So our shopping experience wasn't great. One night at the hotel they had some local artisans come and so we were able to buy some jewellery for the kids. There were only about 5 tables set up so it was very small.

This is a good hotel if you're going to Barbados for business and one parent and kids stay behind while the other adult goes to do business. The reason I say that is everything is so close at the hotel so it's easy to care for your kids in a smaller area.

My kids saw "Kids Paradise" and wanted to go in and play. This is a free service and they watch your kids and do activities. If your kids are the only ones there it's pretty boring. They will put on a movie and talk amongst themselves and not really interact with the kids. We went in and played air hockey and foosball with the kids. There is also Wii and maybe XBox or PS. It's very small. I'm not sure the 'care' was very interactive but the kids didn't mind the change.

We traveled one day to the Crane resort. The rooms were fantastic, the pools nice, but the landscaping wasn't great. It's in a very local area but there is a security guard and no locals are allowed. I'm not sure if I would stay there but may try it if we ever go back. I'm not sure though that it's a place I would go back to. There are so many other Carribbean islands I love way more.

The weather was okay. The wind is quite strong all the time. It's great for the kids becuase they never get 'hot'. It was quite overcast but the clouds seem to move quickly so you do get sun. When the rain comes it usually only lasts for 5 minutes and then it's gone. We went in early November. We had one full day of rain which wasn't bad. I hear that on the west side of the island they have nicer hotels but it's more expensive and it's rainier there.

So my review is just an okay one. The resort was clean. The rooms were clean. Ask for an Ocean View room and not a Bridgetown view. One night we had pumping music from a local club until 6am. It was terrible!!!!!! Ask for a room in the Light House Tower and NOT the Fort Tower. They do have rooms, however, in the Fort Tower that can give you pool and beach view and are nice. Beds are FIRM.

My kids did have a good time in the pool and in the wading pool. The beach was like powdered sugar. My kids were excited to collect sea shells but there were few to be found.

Overall: Average.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Light House Tower and ask for Pool and Ocean View. There are some rooms in the Fort Tower that you can get Pool and Ocean View but the Light House Tower is a better Ocean View.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DebnJim
MatthewBarbados, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased to read about your recent stay with us. We have great pride in the range of services and facilities we offer and I am pleased to read that you and the kids enjoyed them on this recent trip. Thanks for the feedback on the Lighthouse as well. Best regards

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We went there last year in a cruise and enjoy the location.
Carlisle bay is a nice beach perfect for long walk....
Perfect sand looks like flour.....
The staff was pleasant and really helpfull.

Good experience don't hesitate......book it!

Room Tip: The lighthouse section is perfect
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
MatthewBarbados, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thanks for the feedback on your excellent stay with us even if it was a long time ago, it must be time for you to come back again though!!! It was our pleasure to have you with us and maybe see you here again soon?

Reviewed November 17, 2011

This was my first visit to Barbados and of course my first stay at the Hilton Barbados. We looked at other islands and other locations in Barbados before deciding on the Hilton. One of the factors that helped me decide was the fact that Mr. Mullan was very active in responding to posts (positive & negative) on trip advisor.

The trip was a family vacation with my wife, teenage daughter and teenage son. The Hilton Barbados was the perfect choice for us. The staff greeted me warmly at check in and recognized me as a Gold member and upgraded me to the Executive Floor. The Executive floor has breakfast every morning, afternoon tea and a complimentary evening service too.

Our room was a lovely suite with a huge bathroom. The bathroom had a separate toilet room, great walk in shower and a separate spa tub with a window over the tub. Two bowl sink and plenty of great toiletries were nice. The teenagers had their own bathroom and we both had a balcony with a beautiful ocean view.

This hotel is in a great location because it is close to the airport, and as a matter of fact the cab fare was only $25 US each way. It is also close enough to Bridgetown to go shop or head out on a catamaran but not too close, so it is never noisy

The maid service was excellent, always greeting me as I went to my room and asking if I needed anything but of course everything was already there.
The family really enjoyed the two very large pools and they even learned to Scuba there.

All beaches in Barbados are public and this one was very clean and safe and had plenty of chairs and umbrellas for guests. It does have guys that come by and politely ask if you would like to rent a jet ski or buy some jewelry but they were pleasant and did not hound anyone. You can also snorkel and my family loved body surfing and using the boogie board. One suggestion however would be to bring your own bogie board.

The General Manager Matthew Mullan learned that my wife was celebrating a birthday (I wonder how?) and he sent up a cake and champagne.
Thank you Mr. Mullan and your staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

We did not participate in this but we noticed that every evening they have different themed dinner events and I am sure those would be great too. We also would suggest the Happy hour between 5pm and 6pm at the pool bar. And make sure you try to meet with Mr. Mullan at the weekly Rum Punch party on Thursday Nights.
We hope to return to this beautiful island again and of course stay at the Hilton. I would highly recommend you stay there too!

Room Tip: I was in room 277/279 and it was at end of hall so it was quiet and away from ice machine and elevators
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and delighted to read about your enjoyable vacation with us in Barbados, in particular the executive floor services. I will ensure the team members you referred to are acknowledged for their wonderful service and we look forward to having you back with us again soon. Best regards

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We were looking for a 5* hotel in Barbados and this was as close as it gets! The staff / service was excellent, pools and private beach also excellent. There were plenty of activities going on through the day / evening and overall we had a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashp501
MatthewBarbados, General Manager at Hilton Barbados Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and I am pleased to read about your recent stay with us. We take great pride in the range of services and facilities we offer and the team will be delighted to learn of your wonderful stay. Best regards

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I flew into Barbados the night before a cruise. Unfortuantely my baggage did not arrive and I was to leave the next evening (apparently this is a common occurance on flights originating in Miami). The front desk manager was amazingly helpful when I was unable to reach the airline contact person. She went out of her way to call an aquaintance who worked at the aiport to find out what was going on and if/when the luggage would arrive. She continued to keep us posted throughout the day. The hotel itself is quite nice with large, clean rooms and very good rates for Barbados. Since the hotel is on a promontory, the majority of the rooms have a water view. The beach is small, but very nice. The only drawback there is a kind of a cement bulkhead in the middle of the beach which means you'd have to be careful if you like to body surf. The sand quality, however, is magnificent. THere are also two pools which are both very nice and quite well maintained. The place is very close to Bridgetown and makes an excellent base if you're going on a cruise.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rugger23

Delighted we were able to assist in your hour of need and I hope you had a wonderful cruise. Please let me know if I can ever help with a return trip. Best regards