“Fun day!”

Barbados Half-Day Island Tour
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Boatyard offers unbeatable beach facilities enhanced only by the natural white sandy beach and calm azure water. Upon entering The Boatyard, a beach package is offered which ensures you a day filled with fun and pleasure in paradise. Come and enjoy our many amenities which include:- lounge chair, shared umbrella (while stocks last), Ocean Trampoline, Iceberg Climb and Slide, dive platform, rope swing (ask for scheduled times), fresh water showers, restrooms, pool table, WiFi, beach-side restaurant, bar and lively music. Be sure to ask about our turtle and snorkel tour available on select days throughout the year. *Please note that ID may be required for entry*
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

About £10 to get in but that goes behind the bar against any food or drink you have. Carlisle bay beach is just beautiful, lots of sun beds and parasols.Music played all day. Inflatables in the sea and jetski's to ride. The only down side is the drinks and food are a bit expensive but a fun day out none the less.

Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“not relaxing... at first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose our beach day here > 1 week ago. It was fairly busy as there was 1 cruise ship in port. This is our second time here. Our first experience was much more relaxing.
My word of advice so that others don't make the same mistake as we do....if you choose your beach chair/umbrella or choose to sit on our towel on the sand, LOCATION is key.
Let me explain. We got there and it was busy and most beach chairs had been taken.
We were left with a 2 beach chairs/umbrella nearest to the pier (where the local jetski vendors/watersports guys also hang around and also sit). So for a few hours while we were there, all we could hear was their talking loudly and even arguing about which tourist was their customer, and how much to charge this tourist etc. There was alot of loud haggling going on and even saw a 2 watersports/jetski guys arguing about who was the tourist was going to go jetskiing with. They made the tourist(young woman with a daughter cry) because she had promised one guy she would rent a jetski from him but later on, decided on another. I know this because I was close enough to hear the whole argument about it.
Anyways, just choose a beach chair as far away from the watersports/jetski guys as possible, which is as far left as you can get, if you want peace and quiet. We eventually moved to other beach chairs to the extreme left of the beach and then able to snooze and relax in peace.
Now back to the Boatyard- what a fun place which has watersport , jetski, Big Mama rentals, banana boats etc. We didn't rent, just lounged. We paid $15 entrance for the 2 of us and it included 2 beach chairs + 1 umbrella + 2 drinks. What a deal.
The water has slight waves, but very swimmable. The rope swing where you swing into the water from the pier is fun and it's free. There is also a floating iceberg to hang out on. The bar/grill has typical tasty bar grill food. There is also a vendor on the property selling necklaces etc.
The great thing about the Boatyard is that it is in walking distance of Bridgetown or a short cab ride- so afterwards, you can go into town for shopping. You can make a real fun day out of it! The Boatyard is for all ages whether you want to have fun or just to relax, there is something for everyone.

1 Thank iluvsunandsand
Portlaoise, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Mad beach party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

If ur not young at heart stay away ha ha, great beach but all the staff from the cruise lines go here when they hve der day off, so u can imagine de partying that goes on here. De turtle trip was not worth de $20 as my sister went on it and seen nothing. We walked down de beach and seen a massive one in the sea free of charge. The locals are very friendly and nice to chat to, they actually speak with an Irish accent. Great place over all

Lancaster, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Glad We Checked It Out - We Loved It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I were on a Festival at Sea Cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Victory 7/24 - 8/4/12 celebrating his 60th birthday. Before we left home I looked online to check out excursions for us to do at each island. I found the Boatyard Beach Club, liked the information that was given and the pictures looked very nice. We paid $5 each for taxi service from the pier and rode with other passengers on our cruise ship. The driver asked where we wanted to go and we stated Boatyard Beach Club. He tried to talk us out of going there and asked us why would we pay to go to a beach when you can go to one of the free beaches. I told him it was something that I saw online and was excited about visiting while we were in Barbados and had done my research and found that all of the beaches charge to rent their chairs and umbrellas. There was mumbling and grumbling among the other passengers so the driver told us that the free beach and Boatyard were basically in the same area, so we all agreed to see both beaches, then we would make a decision. When we got to the Boatyard Beach Club, the free beach was next door. Everyone in our taxi chose the free beach so we followed them to see what it had to offer. There were fees for the chair and umbrella which cost $10. They had a snack stand painted a dreadful green color that looked rather run down along with their green beach furniture. We were greeted by an islander who was ready to put a wristband on us and recommended that we take a tour on a glass bottom boat for $25 each. I was not as excited about this beach. While my husband chatted with the gentleman about the different things they had to offer, I walked next door to see what the Boatyard had to offer. I knew from the beginning that we would pay $12 that would include a drink, chair and a ride back to our cruise ship. If you wanted to include an umbrella that would cost $2 extra. The boatyard was everything I thought it would be. Even though it was “just next door”, it made a world of difference. It appeared to be more upscale. Their building was a bright yellow, the grounds were cleaner, there was also a cute little table and chair outside for a photo op. They did not just have a snack stand, they had a very nice bar with some great music. There was an igloo to climb, a bridge with a rope to swing off into the water, beautiful yellow and blue umbrellas, and also red and white ones. I went back to get my husband and told him that next door at the Boatyard is a completely different atmosphere. We were able to get a jet ski ride in, swim and play out in the water, and chill and relax with a nice drink in my hand.
While we played in the water, I was able to check my beach bag in at the bar for them to babysit it for me. The reality of it all was that since our ride back was included in our $12 entrance fee to the Boatyard Beach Club, we spent $24 for 2 entrance fees and needed no umbrella as we chose chairs located near the bridge. The “free” beach for the 2 of us would have costed $10 for 2 chairs + $5 for 1 umbrella + $10 for 2 taxi rides back = $25 + who knows what they charged for a drink. To make it even more exciting a few weeks later after we got home, Oprah interviewed Rihanna and they showed pictures from Boatyard! It felt really good to say that we were just there! Take my advice, do not choose the “free beach”, go with the Boatyard Beach Club! You’ll be glad you did! Highly recommend it!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank seriousaboutmytravel
Carlisle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Return visit, great improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had previously written a review for The Boatyard when my husband & I spent a day there two years ago, at that time I had commented 'great value, in need of some TLC'. This time I returned with a friend whilst on a girly beach holiday in Barbados. We loved it! Spending the day there twice during our stay.
It was much improved, it had had the lick of paint, the sun beds & umbrellas were all in good repair, with big, comfy matresses on the sunbeds and there was a great atmosphere. Music was good, not too loud but loud enough to hum along to whilst lying on a sunbed at the water's edge, sipping a cocktail!
The first time we went on a Wednesday, there a cruise ship was in & so the place was busy but not overly so, as they left at about 4pm, a load of young men (well, younger than me!) & a few women arrived, it turned out they were in the Navy & in port for 24hrs, so boy, were they making the most of it!
It was still good value, however entry price had doubled in two years, now 40BD, although this still went behind the bar to be redeemed against food & drink. All the staff were friendly & helpful, we had a tasty light lunch, rum punches, cold beers & the odd cocktail & had to supplement about 20BD in addition to our entry cost - not bad we thought for a good day out.
At the end of the day, when the sun was starting to set, we walked around Carlisle Bay along the beach to Brown Sugar restaurant and had an early supper & this provided a great end to what had been a fab day.

Visited September 2012