“NOT for Shopping!”
Review of Broad Street

Ranked #69 of 91 things to do in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Facets International Jewellers is a unique Jewellery boutique located in the newly renovated Mall 34 which is in the heart of Bridgetown on Broad St. Offering exception value with quality unparalleled in Barbados it is a must see. Duty free shopping at its best. Not mention great customer service.Whether your looking for a handmade piece of sterling silver or diamond eternity band we have it all.
West Palm Beach, FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“NOT for Shopping!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

As my boyfriend and I were staying at the Hilton, we took a cab downtown for shopping. The Pelican Craft Center came recommended. When we got there most of the stores werent even open (noon Sat.) and the couple that were didnt have much. The rest of Bridgetown seemed mainly business oriented and we saw very few tourists. My boyfriend bought a few things at the dept store Cave..but I didnt find a thing shopping in Barbados at all. I ended up buying a few things at the airport.

3 Thank laura3606

Gainesville, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Shopping?”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I'm a bit confused as to why Broad Street is touted as great shopping. My boyfriend and I were in Barbados at the end of June and took the "shopping shuttle" to Broad Street from the Hilton. From what we could tell, it was more of a business district than anything else. It was cool to walk around, as it is very different than what we're used to. The shopping seemed to be primarily jewelry stores...which yes, my poor boyfriend fell victim to! We bought a gorgeous watch at a great duty-free price! But in terms of a good variety of items in the stores, they were all kind of the same. And there's not a lot of restaurants downtown, other than fast food. Waterfront Cafe is highly recommended, but was closed for renovations when we were there. We ended up finding a small place upstairs on a corner called Ryanne's. The food was good "home cooking" but the service was very slow.

3 Thank msw0603