“Apex rums of rums..”

$70.00*
Mount Gay Rum and Cocktail Tour in Barbados
Ranked #4 of 90 things to do in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Set against the brilliant blue of the Caribbean sea and sky, our Visitor Centre invites guests from around the world to discover the story behind Barbados' finest spirit. Greeted in our lush green garden, visitors will explore the history, heritage and craft of Mount Gay rums, while special tours treat you to a cocktail mixing session or a traditional Bajan lunch. Come learn of the distillation, ageing and blending techniques that have been perfected over 310 years of crafting the world's oldest rum! Mount Gay Rum: There is a Time and a Place.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Once upon a many good moons ago, I a little boy with the world Atlas (my only treasure), closed my eyes and with hand aimed at the map I pointed my index finger, which landed spot on Bardados. It took me 13 years to get there and in 1992, I found the worlds oldest rum distillery (deed from 1703) what a treat.

At the end of the tour there was a little room with unlabled & only numbered bottles of rum, plus a sign that read ''please make your own concotions and dont forget to sign the book''..over a span of 11 years, I have visited this place many a times to rekindle then and now and i still enjoy the pureness of it all. With the new visitors shop you can buy amazing vintages and strengths.Here are some of the best to try:

1)1703 Old Cask Selection, drink neat or with an ice cube..enjoy as it is warms you with subtle caramel. Master blender Allen Smith has put this single and double pot distilled blend in my number one rank!

2)Black Barrel (small batch) on ice with a Maraschino cherry or wildly shaken with a cinnamon stick in a martini glass for that wild day..once again Allen Smith has hit the spot!

From time to time they make an unlimited edition or distillers strength, either or. If you are in Barbados, you need to visit this place, too truely, understand the rawness of the islands & its Legacy..

Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you go to Barbados you really can't miss the Mount Gay factory. The bar is always fun with great barmen. The tour is historically interesting and you get to taste all but the 1703 vintage with very expert commentary.
If you have time you should make time for lunch as it is really good too.

2  Thank jimmyflip
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was done as part of a day tour that included another rum distillery. The tour was fun and informative and included many samples of the product. Detailed information on the process was available and it was interesting to see how environmentally friendly the process is. Price was reasonable.

1  Thank AlexandraVella
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very friendly tour guide lady showed us around. We didn't go in peak season, so we're the only two on the tour, so was good they still did it all just for us.
Started with a wait in the shop, and a free cocktail coz the waiter took a shine to my girlfriend....if it gets free drinks, who's complaining. The tour was interesting, and learnt a lot about rum making. Some samples along the way, and another drink at the end in the bar... So overall very good value.
Even the car park security guy was absolute quality. Worth a look.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We did this trip ourselves by local bus from the South coast to Bridgetown , then we had a good walk from Bridgetown , each time we asked for directions to the Distillery we were told " oh a 10mins walk" !!! . Anyway , eventually we got there , wasn't too expensive 10dollars I think , viewing gallery , a cinema screen film , a bottling plant and then of course some tasting , the best one was the cocktail in the bar when you are finishing the tour !!! I think it was called Pink or Passion crush or something , it was delicious , but at 12 noon couldnt take much of that !!!!
An interesting morning out , there is their shop for purchases also which could be handy for people on cruise ships .