“A must dive when in Barbados”
Review of Stavronikita

and up
2-Tank Shipwreck Dive in Barbados
Ranked #17 of 91 things to do in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: For the expert deep-sea diver, a 360-foot freighter ship sitting in 130 feet of water and populated by all kinds of tropical marine life.
Harpenden, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A must dive when in Barbados”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Whilst staying at Crystal Cove in St James I dived the Stav. I was guided by Malcolm Clarke who is an independent Divemaster with a small boat moored off the beach. As an independent I was a little unsure about diving with Malcolm but after talking with him and knowing that he had been diving the area for around 20 years I took the decision to dive with him. I had absolutely no regrets, he knows the wreck very well, was thorough in his dive briefing and supplied excellent equipment. He was attentive during the dive taking time to show me sea life of interest plus using my camera to take some photos of me. I would definitely recommend others to dive with Malcolm and if I return I would dive with him again. He will dive at a time to suit you (based on first come first served) and he collects from the hotel beach so this keeps the time away from the family to a minimum whilst still enabling a good time underwater. If you are staying at Crystal Cove contact Malcolm via the watersports guys on the beach or email at maldivers1@hotmail.com

Visited August 2013
6 Thank Stephen G

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great dive! If you are here already you would be mad to miss it!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fantastic dive with great sea life, corals and colours. Stern (prop) is at 40m and you can penetrate the hull at many points to have a good look around! Its a must see dive!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank blairnichols
Waterloo, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible and Breathtaking Deep Adventure”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Stav is an amazing and mysterious dive. The visibility was poor when I went so all I saw was the mast at approx. 20 ft, but all of a sudden, at 30 ft, the hull of the ship emerged and I was atop of this magnificent vessel. It was quite scary and exhilarating at the same time. The crew from Barbados Blue took us into the wreck and guided us through it. I highly recommend this adventure!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RomanDmitri
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My first feature-size wreck-dive”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Stav was purpose-sunk just off the coast. I dove it with Roger's Scuba Shack, the divemaster (Marcus) knew the wreck like the back of his hand. The ship is quite a mouthful, it took us a good 30 minutes just to swim around it and slowly circle up just above the deck for a slow ascent, decompressing all the way up. The ship is crawling with all sorts of life, I've seen the biggest turtle of my life, but plenty of fishes, sponges, corals and also other sorts of marine life everywhere.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank SeafoodSauce
Orlando
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Go with Barbados blue”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Best wreck dive. Only with Barbados blue dive shop. So much to see. Great visibility. Giant turtles slumber in the depths of this boat.

Visited May 2013