“As great as last time - don't miss the opportunity to take this trip”

Calabaza Sailing Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$120.00*
and up
5-Hour Small-Group Catamaran Cruise from...
Ranked #1 of 81 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Barbados most Exclusive, Private and Personalized Catamaran Sailing Cruises - we limit ourselves to 12 guests only to give you that special, pampered feeling you deserve on your holiday. Join us for unforgettable, relaxing cruise on our spacious catamaran. Snorkel and swim with the turtles, explore the reefs and wrecks. Taste our superb local Bajan lunch, hors'doeuvres and cakes. Not to forget our special rum punch.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were in Barbados for the day (22nd Apr) sailing on Celebrity Summit and decided to take this Catamaran trip with Gina and 'family'. We had done the tour on New Year's Eve 2009 and had a great time. This time was no different. We were travelling with my sister-in-law and her husband who were new to cruising. What a fabulous day from start to finish. We were collected by mini-bus at the port and within 15 mins were boarding Calabaza. Gina and her son Danny are the perfect hosts and the food served is delicious, with rum punch, beers and soft drinks free flowing and all included in the price. Great snorkelling (all gear provided) and plenty of interaction with the turtles with free time after lunch for swimming. We met some great people on board who we met up with later on the Summit. Gina keeps the maximum numbers to 12 so plenty of space on board for all and maintains that personal touch, One of the crew took photo's of guests swimming with the turtles and before we returned home the link to these had been e-mailed to all (at no cost) along with the recipes for all the delicious food Gina served. Can't recommend highly enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,356)
All reviews
in 69 reviews
"beautiful catamaran"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hilight of our vacation! Gina and the boys were fantastic. Plenty of sun, if you want it. Rum punch and some amazing views. We had an underwater camera and saw lots of turtles and a ship wreck too! A really nice lunch topped off a beautiful day. Thanks for the pics and the recipes Gina, can't wait to try them out!
A perfect way to end our trip.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am so glad I found this trip on trip adviser. We had an amazing day, neither of us had snorkelled before and I am not a confident swimmer, especially when I am used to pools not the Ocean. I was kitted out for snorkelling then accompanied in the water until I had confidence and even after I knew there was always someone close by keeping an eye on me and encouraging me. The boat itself was amazing, so was the food and the company. This has to be THE catamaran trip in Barbados

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited Barbados for one day while on a Celebrity cruise in early April. We were especially thrilled that we had booked a trip with Calabaza as we sailed past other catamarans with dozens of guests crammed on board. Loved getting to know the other guests and, as others have said, the crew's hospitality was gracious and genuine.

I wasn't feeling well after the first snorkel stop so stayed on the boat for the second. Andrew, Fabian and Gina did their best to help me get over my uneasy stomach so that I could continue to enjoy the trip.

Even though we didn't see any of Barbados from land, if we were to ever make it back to the island, we'll definitely book another trip with Calabaza.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went on the catamaran tour yesterday with Gina, Andrew and Chad. Had the best day. It was amazing. I was concerned about getting too much sun, but there is plenty of space to get either shade or sun as you choose. We took underwater cameras and got a few shots, but today the photos that Andrew and Chad took were uploaded and they are great. The experience in itself was unbelievable but having the memories in photos after mean a lot. From the time you get picked up at your hotel to the time you get dropped back off you could not ask for more. The crew are friendly and helpful, the smaller group size (only 12) made it easy to talk to people and get to know them. The snorkeling was an unforgettable experience, both with the turtles and over the wreck and reef. The crew were very helpful if you were an inexperienced snorkeler and always had information about the sites and stories to share as well as advise and suggestions for the rest of your holiday. The snacks, drinks and meal were delicious and plentiful. We loved it so much we are considering doing it again before we leave, but know that their schedule is pretty booked. We actually booked in advance from home before we left and are very glad we did.