“Calabaza is a blast!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calabaza Sailing Cruises

Calabaza Sailing Cruises
Ranked #1 of 71 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Barbados most Exclusive, Private and Personalized Catamaran Sailing Cruises - we limit ourselves to 12 guests only to give you that special, pampered feeling you deserve on your holiday. Join us for unforgettable, relaxing cruise on our spacious catamaran. Snorkel and swim with the turtles, explore the reefs and wrecks. Taste our superb local Bajan lunch, hors'doeuvres and cakes. Not to forget our special rum punch.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Calabaza is a blast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Took this Catarmaran trip with my sister and brother-in-law. It was such a great time. I really liked how there weren't a lot of people on it (12 of us). Gina and the crew were amazing. The food and drinks were excellent - Gina was an amazing host and an even better cook. The crew were great and were very helpful at answering all of our questions (as well as refreshing our drinks!!) Snorkeling with the sea turtles as well as going to 3 ship wrecks was the highlight of my whole cruise. I would recommend this to everyone going to Barbados who want to experience something amazing.

1 Thank Rachel L

Ottawa, Canada
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Simply an excellent laidback trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed this half day catamaran trip in Barbados. The local food, the snack and the drinks were excellent and the snorkelling amazing. I did not snorkelled previously; however I was taken in an assisted snorkelling session with one of the members of the crew which I loved. I was thus able to swim with turtles and discover several varieties of fish. This was a perfect Caribbean day thanks to the whole crew.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Best trip EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I honestly don't know how to explain how brilliant this trip was, but i'll give it go. Gina, Danny, Chad and Andrew are all very welcoming when you first arrive and the guys are extremely funny. As soon as you get on the boat it's all fun and laughter. The boat trip has a maximum of 12 people which I think is perfect as it's not too full and it's a more personal trip. The guys couldn't do enough for you, they were lovely. They kept the drinks flowing all day, especially the Rum Punch and they couldn't top up your glass quick enough. You didn't need to lift a finger. The food we had at lunch was amazing. Gina emails the recipes and photos to you after which i'm extremely grateful for as I want to try and re-create some of the fantastic food. There is plenty of room on the boat to either sit comfortably in the shade or enjoy the sunshine oat the front of the boat where you can lie down. Now, onto the best bit. Swimming with turtles is insane. It was my favorite part of the entire holiday. Chad came in with us with some food which meant the turtles came really close and you could touch them and swim around them. The photos they got were fab too! We then swam over a shipwreck with lots of fish and Andrew joined us with food to attract them, After that we stopped by a beautiful beach, where Tiger Woods got married. We were able to jump in and swim over to the beach - paradise. Overall, the experience was first class. Would definitely recommend!!

“Great sunset sail....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Did the 3 hr sunset cruise with Calabaza. Crew were very friendly and attentive. Great appetizers - banana bread, crackers and dip, veggies and fruit, chicken skewers, drinks.
Snorkeling was ok - saw one turtle and a couple of sunken ships. Barbados snorkeling is not great - Cozumel is way better for amazing colourful fish. Grand Cayman is better for swimming with the stingrays.
After about an hour of snorkeling, we sailed up and down the coast of Barbados. This was the best part of the trip - beautiful sunset, wind in your hair....could have stayed forever.
Calabaza only books a maximum of 12 people. Makes for a more friendly sail in my opinion.

ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just an amazing last day in Barbados!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We truly " saved the best for last" and were glad we did! The challenge for anyone travelling is having to make a decision based on other peoples opinions. After reading about all the various tours, we chose CALABAZA based on all the positive reviews. Our experience started before we left Canada in that our communication ( by e-mail) with Gina was incredible. She answered all our questions within 24 hours and then followed up by phone with us once we were in Barbados to ensure our correct address and pick-up time. As a non-swimmer, I chose not to go in the water at first, but Gina helped me by providing a specialized life vest and floatation device. All was good! The other fact I want to share is, our daughter went with another company the day before. They did not have the same fabulous food we did and in fact, they came home hungry! Gina, Danny and Chad were excellent hosts right from their gracious "welcome on board" to the time we had to say good-bye. We look forward to our next time with CALABAZA!!! Cheers to Gina, Danny and Chad and thank you again!!