“Friendly staff, great diving experience”
Review of Barbados Blue

2-Tank Shipwreck Dive in Barbados
Ranked #10 of 81 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Barbados Blue is the Premier PADI 5 Star Scuba dive, snorkel and freediving centre on island. Located at the beautiful Hilton right next to Carlisle Bay Marine Park. FIVE wrecks and Turtles!!! On Staff Marine Biologist, Highest trained instructors in Barbados, and two fully equipped dive boats. Come and meet PADI AmbassaDiver Andre Miller and our team!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We completed our Open Water with Barbados Blue in 3 days. Andre Miller was very kind from the start and made sure we knew everything theoretically and that we were prepared for the final exam. Robert our diving instructor, although strict, was professional and always made us feel safe during every dive with him. We always felt that we were in capable hands and had the best final dive where we saw 4 turtles, a southern stingray and more. Thank you Barbados Blue!

All reviews
"surface interval"
in 7 reviews
"enjoyed diving"

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We use this dive centre regularly when visiting Barbados as we stay at the Island Inn nearby. The centre is situated on Pebbles beach, in the grounds of the Hilton Hotel.

The dives are predominantly based in the Carlisle Bay area and include the fantastic Stavronikita wreck. Turtles are a regular occurrence on the dives. Most dives (other than the Stav) are fairly shallow at around 18m.

The dive centre crew are all friendly but, if you use their equipment (as many people do these days with the luggage allowances getting tighter, pay attention to the regs and bcd quality and size. On two occasions, I was given a bitten through reg mouthpiece and resorted to using the backup (the equipment is used to train new divers at the Hilton too). I was also given an extra small bcd when I had asked for a medium - major problem which meant I had to swap bcd with one of the dive masters once on the boat!

Otherwise, I would recommend this dive centre which always seems welcoming, safety conscious and competent.

1  Thank Lucky_Ange
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Daughter did the resort course in the pool - instructor was very good with children and made her feel comfortable. Unfortunately she couldnt equalise on the dive and after trying twice came back up. Crew on the boat were very good and offered to take her on a shallow wreck dive but she snorkelled instead and had a great time. Husband had a great dive after not having dived for over 10 years. A good choice for families like us who have some who want to dive, and some who don't! Would recommend this company.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

As a single woman traveling alone, I was a bit worried. These guys are the best and made me feel so comfortable & welcome! They picked me up from my resort and dropped me back off after diving. I felt so safe and had so much fun. I felt like I've know them for years. The diving experience was great but to me there's nothing better than having dive masters, crew, and staff that make you laugh and have so much fun. These guys love what they do and make it a very enjoyable time in and out of the water!! Can't wait till my next visit!