“Excellent Basian Diving”

and up
2-Tank Shipwreck Dive in Barbados
Ranked #9 of 71 Tours in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Barbados Blue is the Premier PADI 5 Star Scuba dive, snorkel and freediving centre on island. Located at the beautiful Hilton right next to Carlisle Bay Marine Park. FIVE wrecks and Turtles!!! On Staff Marine Biologist, Highest trained instructors in Barbados, and two fully equipped dive boats. Come and meet PADI AmbassaDiver Andre Miller and our team!
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Basian Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Andre and team did an excellent job

I was only planning on doing half a dozen Dive's but was having so much fun with Danny, G, Rob (Puffer - Who Certified me to AOW), Roger (Jack Frost) ended up doing 21 !

Each dive was different with varying group sizes and experience levels, each time the Dive team carefully selected the dive site optimal for the group, out of the 21 dives only one was slightly disappointing and that was down to behaviour of a couple Divers not following the Dive Maters instructions.

Must (re)visit Dives:
The Stavronikita, which takes at least three dives (Upper , Mid and Lower) just to get a feel for this amazing Wreck.

The Carlise Bay Marine Park a Great way to end a Days deeper Diving (also great at night as a Shore Dive),

Asta Reef (E & W) & Friar's Craig Wreck (Drift)

Boot Reef (Drift) lots of Turtles

Castle Bank & The Deep (Deep Drift)

Old Forth count the Cannon Balls (Drift)

And my personal favourite Reef "The Muff"

2 Thank Peter H

Aberdeen
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Not at their best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Unfortunately not the best organised for us. We wanted to do the Stavronikita, which Andre promised us, so signed up for the special 3 dives with lunch. That didn't happen. It seemed it was a bit of an off day, there was a large Expat group who pretty much set the outline for the 1st dive. The second dive was the wrecks of Carlisle bay which totally made the day. Amazing dive in and out 4/5 different wrecks. A shallow dive which meant plenty of time under water. Despite how amazing it was we were annoyed when the dive master (before we were even out the water) informed us our 3rd dive would be the exact same dive - because some people had booked for snorkelling. Not impressed. So, after our protest, we did another dive close by. This clearly suited them, but was a complete waste of time, nothing to see and we seemed to fight against current most of the time. We were compensated with a free t-shirt but left disappointed with the days diving.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank u01fw3
Boston
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Standards have declined somewhat - felt like we were being "processed"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We first went diving with Barbados Blue several years back and had an outstanding experience. In part we went back to Barbados and the Hilton because we had such a good experience, especially with Christie who is now running a dive shop in Grenada. Things started off well as we set things up with Andre in advance of the trip.

Maybe it was because of the busy holiday week but I can't say this time was nearly as good. Out first dive was the 2pm in Carlisle Bay and we went with a group of snorkers, first timers, ourselves and one other cert. Getting our gear and getting on the boat was a bit chaotic. The dive was with Roger who I thought was fantastic - we dove with him last time as well - and he was very skilled and helpful. The second day we also did the 2pm again with Roger - as with the first dive - it was chaotic at the shop but we had a good dive. One example, the first day we were told that masks would be provided on the boat, the next we were supposed to get them at the shop and the third day back on the boat - when we asked Robert to make sure we knew what was the plan he was very short and snappy. I like shops where the routine is clear and you can know what to expect rather than being concerned about being out on the boat without the right equipment.

The third day we did the 10am and 12 dives which were drift dives off the Hilton beach. This time Robert was the DM and Roger was the boat driver. We had dealt with Robert on the first two dives and I found him abrasive and unfriendly. I was surprised reading the other reviews that others had a different experience. I have done 50 dives and although no expert I do expect to be treated as someone that knows what they are doing and not as a resort course beginner. Maybe Robert was just having a bad day or was burned out from the holiday week crowds.

I felt like we were being processed through the mill rather than being treated as valued customers. I would try Babados Blue again if I happened to be at the Hilton but I will check out other operators to see how they compare next time.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Snorkelling Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a great time snorkelling with the guys from Barbados Blue they were friendly and fun. I was very nervous about snorkelling as have bad experiences in the past and the guy was really understanding and kept close to me. Admitedly there were only two of us on the trip.

Dover, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Safe and friendly dive out fit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had three days in Barbados waiting to join a cruise ship where my wife had a contract as a guest lecturer on oceanography. We spent all three days in the company of the delghtful staff at Barbados Blue. Conveniently located off our hotel (Hilton ) car park, the facilities were all that was needed. Boarding the dive boat was a short walk across a white sandy beach. Dive sites were never more than ten minutes away where there are a variety of reefs providing to a greater or lessor degree photo opportunities of wildlife. Carlisle bay is a must not miss dive. Just round the corner from the dive centre - all of five minutes by boat, the bay provides a sheltered environment and interesting wrecks at shalow depths leading to long relaxining dives - we did 60 minutes plus.

NB when we last dived with them, my wife, an experienced diver, had a troublesome knee and the dive guide Robert was especially helpful to make sure that she was not at risk or put under any unnecessary strain. Robert also gives amusing and informative briefings rather than a dreary list of do's and dont's. All the essential information is there but delivered in an attactive manner.

Chris Barnett,