“Great Instructors!”
Review of Dive Bermuda

Dive Bermuda
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the property of the Southampton Fairmont Hotel, Dive Bermuda sits on the private beach close to all of the 5 star hotel amenities.We have a daily morning 2 tank wreck and reef dive, all of our dives are guided by either an Instructor or local Divemaster. We offer all PADI courses from the first time diver course The Discover Scuba Diver all the way up to Instructor level.The hotel provides showers, lockers and changing facilities along with two restaurants serving food all day at the Dive Shops beach location. We also provide beach rentals including, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and mask fins and snorkels.The Hotel has a 9 hole golf course and a great Spa to entertain the non divers in your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We arrived on June 30th, myself , my daughter, my nice and nephew. None had dived before. The staff at the dive shop were great, went through all of the instructional information and got us sorted to hit the water. The team on the water was just as good. Very kind and willing to walk the young adults (ages 18 to 21) through all of the skills and procedures. Once we were cleared for our deep dive, it was a 5 minute boat ride to Sandy Hole. We spent 40-45 minutes on a great dive, lots of coral and fish! Just a great group of people! Very helpful and willing to spend as much times as needed to get everyone ready for a great and safe dive. If you are in Bermuda and want to think about a first time dive - look up Dive Bermuda!!

1  Thank Jim H
"thorough briefing"
"days diving"
"padi certified"

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was very excited to dive on my first trip to Bermuda. I found dive bermuda b/c it was highly rated and near where we were staying. I hadn't been in the water in about 1 year and my buddy 2x that long. We did the morning 2 tank dive - 1 wreck and 1 reef. they assigned all divers to a dive master, who gave a full briefing and took care of our equipment for us. I told her i get anxious upon first descent and she was extremely attentive and informative. I felt 100% comfortable in the water the entire time. the whole team was great, captain to dive masters.. the boat was clean and comfortable, and overall I would absolutely dive w/ them again. I couldn't recommend this operation more highly!! whether you are a master diver or brand new.. these guys will take care of you!
bonus: dive op is located by a nice resort, so you can easily chill on their beach after, get drinks, food, etc.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just like to say a big thanks for five great days diving, we dived a wreck and a reef each day. Extra thanks to our guides Cat, poppy & Chris for looking after us, we also enjoyed our Wednesday night visit to the local BSAC club on Kev's recommendation where we had a great night, what a friendly bunch ( hey, BSAC never in doubt eh! ) Thanks for sending us up there Kev. Would definitely recommend this outfit.

Kev W & Nigel W
Teesside43 BSAC

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am a certified diver but thought I would snorkel while in Bermuda. Someone recommended bermudascuba.com. I made my reservation on their website where they stated they do not accept cash. I put it on my charge card and when I got to the boat they wanted me to pay. The online process is only to hold your reservation. Luckily I had brought extra cash with me. I have snorkeled all over the world and this was the worst. It was to shallow, the kids on board walked so much they continually stirred up the sand making visibility terrible. Several people got cut from the coral. I would steer clear of this one and go with a company that snorkels deeper. With there being so many reefs here the snorkeling should be incredible and well as the dives. The only good thing about the trip was the captain and Poppy the rest was terrible

1  Thank Beverly245
Kevinluton, Manager at Dive Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Beverly
We are sorry that our snorkel trip was not what you expected, we do strive to provide a quality trip for all snorkelers, but perhaps this was the wrong option for you. The Fairmont Explorer runs daily for snorkelers and we do try to take our guests to the best sites depending on weather and the experience level of the guests on board. If we do have small children on board then we will go to shallower sites to suit their comfort level. As a more experienced snorkeler and diver you would have certainly been happier on our boat which runs from the South Shore which provides deeper reef sites but rougher water conditions. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to show you the best of Bermuda's coral reefs and certainly hope that if you do return to Bermuda you will give us the chance to do so as our guest.

Kevin
Manager

See more reviews
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The staff at Dive Bermuda was second to none. I am 23 years old and have around 20 dives. My girlfriend just got certified in the US so this was her first ocean dive, and the staff at Dive Bermuda (especially our Dive Master Chris) made it and an incredible first experience. We did a refresher course first and did a reef dive, which was a great way to get comfortable with the dive. We came back a second time to go on the wreck dive the Hermes and we absolutely loved it. I would highly recommend this shop to people of all types and experience levels. No reason to look anywhere else!!

1  Thank Phil N