“Great snorkeling trip”
Review of Dive Bermuda

Dive Bermuda
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the property of the Southampton Fairmont Hotel, Dive Bermuda sits on the private beach close to all of the 5 star hotel amenities.We have a daily morning 2 tank wreck and reef dive, all of our dives are guided by either an Instructor or local Divemaster. We offer all PADI courses from the first time diver course The Discover Scuba Diver all the way up to Instructor level.The hotel provides showers, lockers and changing facilities along with two restaurants serving food all day at the Dive Shops beach location. We also provide beach rentals including, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and mask fins and snorkels.The Hotel has a 9 hole golf course and a great Spa to entertain the non divers in your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Boston, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling trip”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went on the 3 hour snorkel trip with my two teenagers. As first time snorkelers, we were a little skittish, but The tour guide Chris was terrific. Very helpful during the dives and told very interesting stories of Bermudian history whilt we sailed to the diving locations. He also makes a great rum swizzle ...

Redding
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and very professional”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were amazed at the top notch service of Dive Bermuda. They responded immediately to emails and accommodated our schedule by offering us a private dive refresher at our hotel pool and then a beach dive immediately following. The next morning we took off on their comfortable dive boat for a two tank wreck and reef dive. Luke was our dive guide and he was exceptional. My wife is a petite woman and they went out of their way to find equipment that fit her perfectly. All of the staff was attentive and professional. While the boat was nearly full due to it being a holiday weekend, we were split up into smaller groups and had a max of 4 divers per guide. Even with a full boat, it never felt crowded. The dives themselves were perfect. Luke took us on a slow tour of each site and kept a careful eye out to ensure that everyone was okay. We visited an 1864 paddlewheel steamer shipwreck and a very nice reef that was all within 15 minutes of their dive shop. The wreck was really cool and the fish/coral was plentiful. We highly recommend these guys.

to far from the mouse
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good dives but a bit crowded”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We choose this dive operation because of research on trip advisor. We went out on a 2 tank morning dive. Overall they were good dives. We have been a bit spoiled on other islands and have booked dive operations (with few divers on medium boats). We felt the boat was crowded but the people were very nice. We were broken up into 5 or 6 smaller groups and each group was assigned to a dive master. Our first dive was on the 2 tug boats. We were very surprised on the lack of sea life. We saw one very large lobster and only a handful of fish. The next dive was fun (lots of swim throughs) but again very little sea life. Our dive master took our picture in front of the tug boat that had Bermuda in the back ground (nice picture). Overall it was fun and glad we got to dive in Bermuda.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Snorkeling tour”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I came to Bermuda on a surprise anniversary trip. We have never done a snorkeling tour before, just rented and went out on our own, Our guides Mark and Chris were awesome and took us to a great spot where we could see numerous types of fish. Chris's rum swizzles were a great way to end the trip as well. All the employees at the beach dive shop were friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. Great experience to add to your trip :)

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“3 Fabulous dives for a newly certified and an experienced diver.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thank you Dive Master Chris, Emily, Sam and the rest of the staff at Dive Bermuda. We had 3 great dives to the (2) ship wrecks, coral reefs and caves/tunnels..I forgot the name.
The dive locations are all less then 10 minutes from the beach. The dive boat is large, has fresh water for showers and drinking, all the gear, and a wonderful boat caption - Capt Hines. I own no diving gear, so I was able to rent everything - flippers, dive suit, mask, etc. You can rent all or use your own.

I was certified in December 2012 in the BVI's and only had 2 real dives. So in Bermuda I completed dive 3, 4 and 5. My boyfriend has over 60+ dives from all over the world.

The dives were between 35 - 48 minutes, staring with 3000 pounds of air and we returned by 800. Even with my ear issues, Chris took his time with my decent into the water. He was careful to continually check on me, the rest of our group and show us many plants, fish and wrecks.

It was so great. My joy of diving is even stronger now. It was a wonderful experience for me and my boyfriend.
I highly recommend becoming certified and using Dive Bermuda at the Fairmont Southampton Bermuda.

Visited June 2013