“Pricey but great place to have late Sunday brunch”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Windows on the Sound at The Fairmont Southampton
Reserve with OpenTable
Windows on the Sound at The Fairmont Southampton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Pricey but great place to have late Sunday brunch”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Daily breakfast buffet was good but basic. IMHO, late Sunday brunch makes the most sense. Though pricey it serves as two meals in one with a huge variety of items from basic cereal to chicken curry!

• Visited July 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Amazing Buffet”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It's expensive but you definitely should enjoy the breakfast buffet at least one morning at the Fairmont Southampton.

Visited March 2014
Offshore
“Awful greeting”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hey the breakfast was OK - the buffet a little cold but table service good and worth 4 stars.

So why 1 star - on arrival the very impersonal greeter....said little when we asked for a table for two (they had loads of room inside so why the 5 minute wait) but she told us to 'STEP ASIDE' in a very commanding voice (there was no one else waiting, so no blockage of footfall by us!)

Have you EVER been told to STEP ASIDE (in a very unfriendly way) while entering a restaurant to give them business. Its the sort of thing the police would say to anyone causing trouble.

I have probably travelled 20/30 countries around the world and never, ever, been told to STEP ASIDE!

We live locally and often frequent the FS facilities but I was just an inch away from giving the lady a piece of my mind and walking out! Get real FS - last Sunday, mid morning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vinehall70
Carlita L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Windows on the Sound at The Fairmont Southampton, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your candid review of your recent experience. I want to sincerely apologize for the poor service and greeting you received upon arrival. I'd like to discuss your situation directly, so if you could please email me at carlita.lodge@fairmont.com it would be greatly appreciated. I have escalated your concerns to the Management, who are looking into this situation. Again, I reiterate my apologies for the poor-quality service you experienced.
Milton, Wisconsin
“Beautiful restaurant!”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Holiday decorations are amazing! My husband had eaten here alone the day before & the staff remembered his name! They do use a table card with your surname & room #, so you are addressed politely with each staff member. The buffet is large as others have commented. My biggest problem is that I don't eat near enough to pay for $31.00 for breakfast... Today being Christmas, the brunch buffet is $60.00 per person. I'm sure it will be amazing, but I don't want to overeat & fly this afternoon...It would be nice if there would be a lower priced option for those of us that eat smaller portions. I ordered a la carte with a shrimp omlette. I was disappointed... The eggs tasted more like from a carton rather than fresh eggs. The onions were raw, not sauteed before being added to the omlette. The shrimp appeared to be prawns, & there were few pieces... The juice of the day was delicious! It had carrot, grapefruit & pineapple I believe. They did have gluten free toast, so that was a treat!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Karen B
No. VA
“A Breakfast Buffet to Die For!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The Sunday Bermudian Breakfast Buffet at Windows was nothing short of Fabulous!!! It had everything, but what we really enjoyed was the authentic Bermudian dishes, like cassava cake, banana fritters, cod, the Bermudian style Mac & Cheese, etc. The service was outstanding, and the food was delicious! If you're in Bermuda on a Sunday, you should really consider their Sunday Breakfast Buffet. I'd highly recommend it!!!

1 Thank mlowder500