“The Best Historical Tour of Bermuda”
Review of Byways Tours

Byways Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: How did I get here? My claim to fame on this little Island . I am the granddaughter of a Lighthouse Keeper. I come from a long line of Lighthouse Keepers (Gibbs Hill Lighthouse) and am a 6th generation Bermudian. My grandfather was the last of the last lighthouse keepers before Gibbs Hill went electronic, and I grew up in the house that is attached to lighthouse. My passion in my tours stems from the passion for the Island that I call home. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Bermuda and sharing our Island Magic.- Heidi
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife booked this tour with Heidi several weeks before our cruise to Bermuda. Heidi was a complete delight and she made our day very enjoyable. Her knowledge of the island is amazing. We traveled all the way from Kings Wharf to St. George and back making numerous stops, which were all very enjoyable and many were entertaining. Heidi also provided us with lunch which she suggested and everyone agreed to her recommendation which was a delicious local fish sandwich. This tour was so much better than any of the excursions being offered aboard the ship. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone who travels to Bermuda and is interested in learning more about the history of this beautiful island.

3  Thank Alan4949

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked this tour based on all the great reviews on trip advisor. Heidi did not disappoint! We chose a general tour of the island. She made sure we stopped at various locations, including beaches, lighthouse, monuments, wildlife, and shopping areas. Lunch was fantastic from Grannies -- traditional red snapper fish sandwich on raisin bread with tartar sauce. She even made sure to preorder so that we didn't have to wait. She took care of my husband's gluten free diet with a special order. We also were albe to enjoy some fantastic homemade ice cream. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Aservies
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I recently cruised to Bermuda and spent three wonderful days there -
the best day being on tour with Heidi who is a fourth generation Bermudian. She is a lovely
woman who shares her passion and knowledge of the island with her guests as she drives
you around the island in a comfortable van. She tooks us to many different locations -
some hidden treasures - to make our day fun-filled as well as educational. She was very
attentive to the needs of all and couldn't have been any nicer. I would definitely recommend
this tour to anyone who is visiting Bermuda for the first time or even the second, which
was the case with us.

3  Thank bincari
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We often book private tours while on cruises, and have been very happy with the more 'private' feel and attention. This was one of them. While in Bermuda recently, we decided to book Heidi's tour. The 4 of us were thrilled with the day we spent with her and 'Buddy'. As someone who's family goes back several generations on the island, including several lighthouse keepers, she knows the island and it's history very well. You can tell she care's for her island, and she even stopped a few times to feed the local wildlife. Some of us climbed the lighthouse, (not a bad climb really), to see the historic island lighthouse. A wonderful lunch at a lovely spot and off to see more of the island. Heidi really knows the history and the special spots of the island. She was a wonderful host and we were very happy with our tour. Thanks Heidi!! Highly recommended!

3  Thank paternico
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I booked this tour for my daughter and myself at the beginning of July. After reading all the reviews, I had high expectations and Heidi did not disappoint. We toured with 2 other travellers and Heidi made sure she gave individual attention to each guest to ensure that every received the tour experience they were expecting.
Heidi took the time to explain all this history of the island and her love of Bermuda was evident through out the day. My daughter, loved this tour, and coming from a teenager, that is high praise.
Heidi made sure to allow ample time for each of us to explore at our pace and even stopped for a picnic lunch she had prepared.
I would highley recommend this tour for a unique experience on sight-seeing in Bermuda!

3  Thank thebestmom6