“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Reefs has a special place in our hearts since marrying there. We love to go back and reminisce. This recent dinner did not disappoint. We enjoyed a cocktail on the patio watching the sunset and then had an amazing meal. Each course was perfectly prepared and had a beautiful presentation. The service is outstanding. We can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

When planning our trip to Bermuda, I researched various restaurants. Saturday night we decided on Ocean Echo at the Reefs, based on the advertised (on their website) Saturday Night Seafood Buffet, as well as the proximity to our hotel, and other TripAdvisor reviews. We arrived at the restaurant and it was almost completely empty but for one other couple in the whole dark, dank, dingy place. Puzzled, we asked the Maitre d' about the advertised "Seafood Buffet". He seemed surprised that we would think there was a seafood buffet, and that such a thing would be advertised on the restaurant's website. No explanation, no apology. We decided to sit down anyway, and take a look at the menu. Not much of a menu! VERY limited choices for a $65 prix fixe. And my menu had completly different items on it than the other people in my party. Hard to know what was actually being offered.

OK, I get that we were visiting just as the busy season was ending, and perhaps we should have phoned to confirm the presence or absence of the advertised seafood buffet, BUT... it WAS the weekend leading up to the Grand Slam of Golf, other restaurants seemed to be bustling (as was our hotel), and crikey, isn't the whole point of the internet to be able to provide up-to-date information at your fingertips?

We left without even ordering a drink.

1  Thank crazeefrog
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Make sure you arrive hungry, as for $48 per person you want to make sure you enjoy as much as you can. That was our mistake. They had various stations - omelet, waffle, pasta, sushi, salad, meats and dessert. I also recommend that you take a tour around first and come up with a plan of attack so that you take in all that you want, ensuring it's still warm on your plate when you're ready to eat it. The omelet, waffle, ribs, cassava pie (a sweet cornbread), and the bread pudding were my favorite. The sushi was definitely not the best I've had, and that's why I did not give this place a 5. The view was awesome and The Reefs is a very cute resort. We were staying at the Fairmount Southhampton, and it was a nice 20 minute walk from there (although you'll probably need to take a cab back because you'll be so full).

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely! Awesome egg white omelet as rated by omelet snobs. Great coffee per a coffee snob. Potatoes with onions and peppes to die for and I hardly ever eat starches! Go! Stay there if you can afford to!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were married at The Reefs and the hor' dourves and cake - both prepared by The Reefs - were exceptional. My new husband and I decided to dine at Ocean Echo on the "dine around" program. The only time they could accommodate us was at 6:45 - fine. We arrived at our window table overlooking the ocean, but the view is obstructed by a very wide window frame. The only way you can see outside is if you awkwardly stick your head over the frame or duck under it. Far from the romantic atmosphere we were looking for.

The table was also infested with ants. Now I understand that Bermuda is an island, and the climate definitely makes pests a problem, but the ants were crawling along the wall and soon were crawling on our table. It seems they've never heard of pest spray.

The food was fair. The service was fair. And the overall experience was far from special.

Don't let the reputation of this place fool you into thinking you'll receive an exceptional experience. It won't happen