We spent 14 nights at the Reefs in September. The Reefs is a lovely resort with great staff and amazing chefs!. Everyone is so friendly and they go out of their way to greet you by name. I am a vegetarian and I am always a bit worried about what I'm going to find to eat while in the tropics. I have to say I have never eaten so well! I had 14 different vegetarian dinners that were the most delicious and creative meals I've ever had. The chefs were amazing and went above and beyond to make me happy with the food!! Renato, the Italian head chef was truely a gem, he and his team are incredible and I hope The Reefs do everything they can to keep them there as they are world class!! We loved eating at Coconuts, being out in the open above the beach and water, it's what being in a tropical location is all about. Ocean Echo has a terrace which is nice to eat on but it wasn't always open if it looked like rain, I did find this frustrating as the inside restaurant is nice but it's air conditioned and can be very cold which I didn't like as I like to be outside in the tropical air. We ate in Roystons two times, it wasn't our favorite. It's inside and again quite cold with the A/C on. The chef at Roystons made me an amazing vegetarian burger, but my partner said the meat options were just 'OK'. I did have the pizza the other time we ate in there and it wasn't good, very much like cardboard, it does seem a bit of a different kind of restaurant to have there. it wasn't open every night, mainly weekends.
We rented a scooter which I highly recommend. You can see parts of the island you would not be able to get to on the bus. Entertainment is low key at the hotel, they have a piano player a couple of times a week who is incredibly talented and a joy to listen to.
Our room was adequate, not very big, the A/C was noisy but we didn't need it on at night so we didn't find it a problem. The bathroom could have been better, it would get very steamy as the A/C didn't really reach it and there wasn't a fan in there. The main downside to the bathroom was that the closet was in there so all our clothes would get quite damp because of that. The shower was big which was nice and the bathroom products are Loccitane.
The beach is nice, not huge and the sun beds are all set out very close to each other but we never had a problem getting an unbrella and beds. The staff on the beach were also really great. We stayed in Room 323 which was a Cliffside room. It ended up being good, we did ask for an upper level room away from the restaurants. This was a lower room and overlooked Coconuts which at first we didn't like and asked for another room. The other choices were not as good and we stayed with 323 which was actually fine. The restaurant wasn't a problem as Coconuts doesn't have entertainment in the evening so gets quite when everyone leaves.
Overall the Reefs is a lovely resort to stay at, not perfect but definately one of the nicest we've experienced. It is expensive but it's Bermuda and everything is expensive! We met some really nice people there and there are many repeat visitors, which says a lot. In my opinion after visiting the Southampton Princess the Reefs is much nicer, much more intimate and personable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda