Our umpteenth stay at the Reefs, and we enjoyed it, as usual.
We enjoy being outdoors so it is nice to walk straight out of the door to our room into nature and not walk down some sterile hotel hallway. Because of the way the Reefs is sited the walk to the dining rooms and the lounge is pretty and pleasant.
The beach is pristine pink sand and the water shallow and safe enough to wade way out. Or you can take a kayak and explore amongst the rocks. There is also an infinity pool and a hot tub, both looking out over the ocean.
Our large room had a tile floor, king bed, desk, sitting area, large TV (satellite) and large patio doors leading onto a private balcony and the sound of, and views of, the ocean. We took many beautiful sunset pictures right from there.
The bathrooms have been renovated, all tile and glass. Showers are large enough for two, towels fluffy and large enough to wrap two. The amenities are top grade as well.
The menus are different in the 2 dining rooms, and they have changed from last year. Thankfully the quality, presentation and dining experience has not. They take guest comments seriously as portions are now somewhat smaller and they have kept their signature Bermuda fish chowder on the menus. The wine list is extensive and can be had by the bottle or glass.
Breakfast and tea are included in the room rate. Breakfast is a full menu, or a help yourself buffet with dry cereals, fruit, yogurt, muffins and pastries – or both. Tea is a meal in itself – tea (or the staff will get you coffee if you wish), sandwiches, pastry and cookies and fruit. And Keurig brewed coffee is now available all day, not just first thing in the morning.
There is an option to include dinner daily at extra cost. Same menu as pay-as-you-go but it works out cheaper. The Reefs has a dine-around arrangement with some of the other resorts but we enjoy dining at the Reefs so much we have never taken them up on it.
Most of the staff have been with the Reefs at least since we have being going there – a compliment to the management and the opinion of their guests. They are friendly, as always, and go out of their way to learn guests’ names. You ask for it and if it can be done it will be.
The only complaint we had was the weather this trip, and that wasn’t the fault of the Reefs.
Overall, we give the Reefs a 4.9/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda