Just returned from five nights at the Reefs, We had a reservation at the Southampton but when we stumbled across a 30% off sale including meals and afternoon tea, it was our time to book a room at the Reefs. We booked a cliffside room, a mid range category. We arrived with great excitememt. The weather was beautiful and the surroundings were breathtaking. We were shown our room and I tried not to be too disappointed and kept telling myself to focus on the view and relaxing. The room was small and unattractive. The room air conditoner was loud and leaked all over the balcony. Bathroom was small, outdated and steemy hot. I figured we were suck here so I better just forget about it, I booked a cliffside room and I got what I booked. I happened to mention this to the ladies at the front desk. In a nice way I told them I was disappointed in the room but it is what I booked. They suggested moving to a different category. This is an example of the wonderful customer service shown to us throughout our trip. The next morning we spoke with Sabrina in reservations and were offered a beautiful, large updated suite at a very resonable upgrade fee It even had a hot tub on the balcony. Needless to say, we were estatic. I hate to be too picky but the first room we had was really not what you would expect to find in a 5 star resort anywhere, let alone Bermuda.
The rest of our stay was wonderful. The beach was beautiful and had everything you may want, snorkels, noodles and kayaks, all complimentary. Glenn, the beach manager, made us seem like long lost friends even though it was our first visit. The restaurants were wonderful and the entertainment was perfect.
The location of the Reefs is also very good. We walked to Horsehoe Bay and marveled at the views along the way. The Dockyard was a short bus ride away. We really did not want to leave our little slice of heaven at all, so we spent most of out time enjoying the amenities at the Reefs.
We are looking forward to our next visit to Bermuda and will definitely be staying at the Reefs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda