1,523 results
All reviews the cedar room the lamb family ocean grill larry lamb meal plan port royal golf course deluxe room the bus couples golf tournament monday night flying fish family owned resort dining rooms low tide coral reef tour of the property breakfast and dinner
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My husband and I returned from the Pompano last Sat. right before the hurricane came in. I choose the Pompano based on the recommendations on trip advisor to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We have never been to Bermuda and I was looking for a small, private resort. The Pompano was the perfect choice for our getaway!! We had arranged transportation thru CEO transport who were prompt and effecient in getting us to the resort. The resort was awaiting our arrival and check in took 2 minutes. We were given a tour of the property and our bags were dropped off by Cici. The resort is just gorgeous. We stayed in the Dolphin House (2nd floor which I highly recommend) which is ocean front. The views from our balcony of the turqoise ocean were breathtaking! The building was steps from the main building which is important since you go into the main building for most everything. Since it was a slow time of the year there were only about 50 guests at the resort and everyone was very friendly. We got to know most of the staff and interns and enjoyed talking with them about life in Bermuda. There are 2 restaurants but because of the slow time of year they would rotate which one was open for dinner. We got the MAP (which includes breakfast and dinner) which I highly recommend because if you want to eat off property you need to get a taxi or a bus which is a pain. The restaurants at the property are not formal (collared shirts for men, shorts, flip flops all acceptable) and the food is good.... 5 courses each night! You can exchange your evening meal twice I believe and travel to 2 other resorts. We did take a taxi over to the Reefs and ate at Royston's. They required closed toed shoes and jackets but since my husband only had tennis shoes they stuck us in a corner although there were only 8 other people in the entire place. It was the only place to eat in the Reefs that accepted our exchange (Oceans Echo was closed) and had I known this I would have stayed at our resort. We didn't appreciate being stuck in the corner and although the food was very good I wouldn't bother with this place. I had considered staying at the Reefs and after that treatment would never stay there! Anyway....there are two types of breakast continental if you want something quick or the sit down breakfast (which was always very good). The beach at the Pompano is small but never crowded and very peaceful. There is a small beach bar for any beverages you need. The pool is also very nice with several hot tubs around it. I had a massage at the spa which was great! My husband golfed everyday at Port Royal Golf Course which is right next door. You can see the golf course from the resort. You have to get someone to drive you down to the bus stop, or ferry dock or golf course which they are always happy to do! The rum swizzles at the bar were very good and the bartender (Merrill I think is his name) always remembered what we were drinking. Adam the manager from Cleveland was really great.....had great advice and was fun to talk to. We met Tom Lamb toward the end of the trip after he flew in to be on hand for the hurricane. What friendly owners and staff........they go out of their way to please their guests!
We will definetely return to Bermuda and will only stay at the Pompano. Most of the people we met had stayed there before. Once you stay there you can see why!

4  Thank kiwizoe
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Our first time to Bermuda from New Jersey. We went through endless amounts of information on the internet, in magazines and by word of mouth. All we knew was that we didn't want to be too close to where the cruise ships come in and the Pompano Beach Club kept popping up as one of the best so we decided to just go for it and hey, it's Bermuda so it all has to beautiful right? As we pulled into the secluded Pompano Beach Club our breath was taken away from the most spectacular view of the crystal clear, blue water, just as the pictures had promised. Walking into the front lobby we were distracted by that same glorious water beaming at us through the floor to ceiling glass windows. Once we were able to speak, we were treated as royalty from the most polite and friendliest people we have ever had the pleasure to meet. For 4 nights 5 days we said the same thing, "this is heaven"! Unfortunately we lost our camera during a sunset cruise (it went overboard) our memories are embedded to memory forever and thanks to the genuinely kindhearted owners and every staff member to the beauty of our private little beach, the charming and romantic set up and the delicious food, we can't wait to go back and we would recommend this lovely place to everyone. Thank you Pompano Beach Club. We hope you stay strong through the bad weather and we hope to see you again as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdottle
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My wife and I haven been to Bermuda 4 times together, but this is our first trip the Pompano Beach Club. When we first arrived at the family firendly resort, you are met by a number of the quality staff . One of which is Cici who wiska away youer bacgs, assist you to get to your room so that you can get right on the beach. Before going to the beach, you have to stop by the pool-side grill for a fantastic sandwich and a cold beverage served by Val, who is fantastic. The beach is beautifully maintained and staffed bny one of the many college students on the proprty who are there learning the hotel industry on an internship program that the Lamb family started. The Tiki bar on the beach has any kind of drink you can imagine, so you won't go thirsty on the beach. Again, the interns Pompano Beach CLub have at the beach, could not be more helpful, personable and professional.
For dinners, you have your choice whether you want to be in a more formal atmosphere or causal, but at either restaurant, the food was fantastic. We were part of the MAP, but quite frankly the other resort we went to did cnot compare in either food or servic to Pompano Beach Club. in my opinion,
the people at the front desk, including the Lambs and General Manager could not be more helful in providing information on buses, the ferry or getting tee times. If you need a ride to Port Royal Golf Course or to the market, they graciously will provide transportation.
ALthough not much time is spent there, the rooms are spacious, modern and serviced a couple of times per day.
In short, in my opinion, Bermuida is one of the nicest islands to visit, but staying at the Pompano Beach Club really raises this experince to the highest levels. I would highly recommend Pompano Beach Club for couples, young and old, and families as the relaxed atmosphere caters to all.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank BaltoBermudians
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Just got back from our first visit to Bermuda and chose Pompano as several coworkers recommended it. We plan to come back.
The location can't be beat. The view from our room - deluxe 91 -
was amazing. Super clean spacious comfortable room. Huge updated bathroom. Outstanding housekeeping service - loved the turn down with chocolates on pillow and fresh towels at night. The food is fantastic... the only problem was trying not to eat too much! The staff was wonderful. Always someone available for quick rides to the bus stop or back from the end of the driveway.
Larry himself cleaned a staff microwave that he let me borrow in my room as I had to do warm compresses for my eyes twice a day. Tom/housekeeping quickly found the white buttoned pillowcase I had left on my pillow by mistake. Adam tightened the loose door handle on the balcony door. The front desk calculated when we had to leave to catch buses. The restaurant staff was attentive and helpful - not sure how strong the coffee flavored chocolate dessert was? They told me and mentioned there's a kids' menu with a warm brownie sundae you might like instead - I did! The only complaint was that you had to ask for coffee refills.
It was off season - only about 30 guests - so only 1 restaurant was open each night. Not sure how they could still offer so many entree & appetizer options. The seafood - we had scallops, red snapper, and rockfish - were great as well as the prime rib and veal. Not sure why anyone would eat elsewhere - the view from the outdoor balcony was breathtaking - and we saw the parrot fish down in the water one breakfast! I couldn't believe how clear the water was. One dinner an owl flew by.
We enjoyed the Monday night social and found rum swizzles are our new favorite drink.
We did two boat snorkel trips but later I snorkeled out to the Pompano reef - a long swim but they have a platform out there to rest on - and next time I think we'll just do shore snorkeling there and elsewhere - friends recommended Church Bay.
We took the CEO transport there ($30) and a taxi ($42) back to the airport.
I appreciated that the rooms and restaurants are non-smoking. Folk can smoke on their balconies.
The only negative was that the wireless internet was slower than we're used to and was a little spotty in our room - but we were on vacation and as my sister said after one too many facebook posts - get off the computer!
Definitely consider Pompano for your Bermuda stay!

3  Thank HSTRitchie
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Just back from our 4th trip to Pompano in the last 10 years or so. We love it and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Have stayed up on the hill, next to the pool and down on the water, but much prefer one of the rooms to the right of the main building (Dolphin House, Flying Fish, etc.) Views are incredible from anywhere, though, and sunsets on your private balcony obligatory. Have found service in the Cedar Room a bit sketchy sometimes, but, hey, you're on vacation, slower=relaxed so it's not a big deal. We do prefer the menu & service in the Ocean Grill and do take advantage of the dine around program with The Reefs and Cambridge Beaches to mix things up. The beach is small, but beautiful and this time there was a beach bar open, which was great. So many of the staff have been there forever and Larry does just an exceptional job of making guests feel comfortable and welcome. The location is exceptional for sightseeing around the island, whether you brave the scooter experience (which you should if you're able) or take the ferrry into Hamilton for a day of shopping. Husband loves the Port Royal course and bills it as most probably the nicest on the island. Just a superb vacation!

3  Thank gottakeepgoing