1,516 results
All reviewsthe cedar roomthe lamb familyocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightflying fishfamily owned resortdining roomslow tidecoral reeftour of the propertybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I just got back from staying 5 days at this resort to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and it was wonderful! When we walked in and saw the view from the hotel pool area our jaws literally dropped! The hotel is practically on top of the ocean with the most fabulous 180 degree view of pure shining ocean from almost every single room in the place. The decor has a relaxed Mediterranean feel, and the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The manager gave us a tour of the place upon our arrival.

The room was as I would have expected...casual but very nice. Bathroom was HUGE!

The on-site beach is stunning...with a sand bar that runs way out into the ocean. The hotel has various watercraft and snorkles you can rent...we liked the battery-powered double lounge chair with drink holders. There is a reef on property you can snorkle in but it was disappointing...the structure seemed young and there were not too many fish, although the plant life was abundant.. There is a cute tiki bar right on the beach with someone walking around taking your drink order, which was really nice. The jacuzzis were nice and hot and located with again, stunning views of the ocean.

We ate only at the "downstairs" restaurant which has the gorgeous floor to ceiling windows and the food was quite good. We heard the "upstairs" restaurant was only average, and by our experience there for lunch and breakfast I would agree. The food variety upstairs was excellent, but the food quality itself was only average--a little dried out. We did the meal plan and participated in the "dining swap" option to eat at the Reefs and Cambridge Beaches. Definitely worth doing! In my opinion, the Reefs restaurant is on par with the Pompano, maybe only slightly better. We walked around the property and my sense was the Reefs has a more stately and refined feel, whereas Pompano seemed to have a more relaxed atmosphere. I thought the beach was actually more stunning at the Pompano. Cambridges Beaches food was exquisite...presentation and service above the Reefs and Pompano in my opinion.

The resort is owned and operated by a US family who has a history in Bermuda, and it was refreshing to have such a personal touch, friendly environment and excellent customer service in the "Carribean". We had a minor issue with our room and it was addressed within hours of reporting it.

We also did a couple's massage, which was fun and again, in a room with a vast ocean expanse view. The massage itself was excellent, but definitely very very pricey.

All in all I would say my husband and I really enjoyed our time at the Pompano. Even the bar staff and other guests were outgoing and friendly and we ended up chatting and meeting up with other couples for drinks at the bar at the end of our separate days. Also, after spending a day and a half here my husband and I agreed we'd like to come back and bring our 7 year old twins next time. This is the kind of place that you can bring kids -- they have a separate kids pool -- and be comfortable. But the place is not overrun by kids....couples can definitely have a romantic visit, too. Our room was right next to the pool and we found there was no pool noise at night.

The only drawback I can come up with is the hotel is a little further out than most, making a trip to Hamilton about 30-45 minutes long by bus. To get to the Crystal Caves took us over an hour and a half by bus (lots of stops and a bus change in Hamilton), and to Dolphin Quest about 15 minutes by cab. Not a huge deal...but extra cost to plan for.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel...it was our kind of place!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The Pompano Beach Club, on Bermuda, I found to be a most special experience. The accommodations, all with panoramic views of the resort beach and ocean vistas, were spotless and welcoming. The staff were all professional, courteous and fun to interact with. The meal plan included exceptional diversity of selection with well prepared entrees of the highest quality, all enjoyed in a beautiful yet relaxing setting. The pool and beach were exceptional and the availability of small leisure boating craft was a bonus. Recommended without exception, please check it out, confident you too will enjoy it as we have!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The other good reviews on this site were right on the money! This resort had the feel of a cozy New England Inn. It is still owned and run by the original family that started the resort in the 1950s. One of the owners, Tom Lamb, actually lives in MA during the winter months and he summers working at the Inn along with his brother, his wife and their children. When we arrived we were given a tour by the Assistant Manager, who told us to make ourselves at home. The resort gave us the feeling of being at home, with a great game room and a cozy parlor filled with wicker chairs, tables and plenty of board games. Low key entertainment played nightly in a small lounge with a dance floor. Although the hotel was 80% booked it was never crowded anywhere. We had no problem getting chairs on the beach or by the pool any time during the day. We had the meal plan and never had to wait to be seated for meals. The food was excellent and the sunsets while dining were my favorite part of the day! The best thing about this resort is the beach with the most beautiful water I have ever seen. And at low tide you can walk so far out and only be waist high in the clear, blue-green, calm ocean. They provide floats for the beach, and water toys for the pool. My teens were thrilled with the wireless internet available everywhere on the grounds including the beach!

There were some families with young children or teens there and they all seemed to be having a great time. Our family really enjoyed the peaceful, homey feeling of the place. I would recommend this place for families as well as for couples. We loved our one bedroom suite because the bedroom was very private. The kids had the main room and they said the pull out couch was comfy (most places they are not!). The bathroom was huge and updated. The furniture in the rooms, the linens and the decor are dated but clean and functional. Hopefully they will renovate the rooms soon.

There are many stairs to climb to get to the beach and to the rooms. Our room was on the highest part of the cliffs. Next time I will request a lower building. If you call them, you can reserve a particular building, so I would recommend that you call and ask for a low building.

My only major issue was the number of birds flying within the main building of the resort, including the dining rooms. I have a bird phobia so this was hard to deal with. The owner, Tom Lamb, said that they cannot manage to get rid of the birds as the guests feed them.

The staff and the owners are very friendly, helpful and they go out of their way to make sure that everyone's stay is the best. I would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a comfortable, relaxing stay in a low key atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2010

My wife and I just arrived home from the Pompano Beach Club where we celebrated our 20th anniversary. I confess we are both demanding travelers, especially when we have put out some coin. This was our 4th visit to Bermuda and this was by far my favorite place to stay. Yes, it's expensive, but so is everything else on the South Shore. We were not disappointed in any way. The room was spacious and comfortable with a deck truly looking over the water (you can see the ocean in bed), the food was FANTASTIC, the staff friendly and accommodating, the common areas clean and roomy, and the drinks and lunch food was a good value (2 drinks at The Reefs beach was $26, 2 drinks on the beach at the PBC was $14). The facility is large with an excellent beach with a huge sandbar in front. The boat rentals were completely reasonable and fun. There is plenty of room to sprawl. There is seating by the pool and all meals can be eaten outside on various terraces. Free wireless internet worked like a charm from all over the resort.

Probably our favorite aspect was the friendliness. Both Larry and Tom Lamb (owners) were on site and made us feel like we were regulars. They couldn't be more friendly. They have trained their staff to do the same. After our stay at the PBC we will be coming back. I would highly recommend this to honeymooners. Probably not the best place to bring kids. There were a few families there but they seemed out of place. It definitely caters to adults. I have already recommended it to several friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pintodoug
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Pompano Beach Club with two other couples for a 40th birthday weekend in May 2010. It was the most spectacular weekend for all of us! Larry, the GM at the hotel was most helpful in assisting us with planning our trip - everything from things to do (boat rental and snorkelling) to dinner reservations - at some of the best spots we've eaten! The hotel was charming! It's built into the cliff on one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen (and we've travelled!). It was the perfect hotel, in the perfect location. Breakfast was great, as was lunch. We ate out every night. The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. The hotel has beautiful views from everywhere. The hotel is also on one of the best golf courses - on the 8th hole they say - Port Royal Golf Club. You could not ask for a better holiday of accomodations, service, dining, golf, boating, swimming, and beautiful beaches at the Pompano Beach Club. Enjoy your stay! We look forward to our return :))

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple