“Great views, people and stay”
Review of Pompano Beach Club

Pompano Beach Club
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great views, people and stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2005

If you are going to Bermuda Pompano Beach Club is a great place to stay. The resort is family run and they treat you like family. The staff is extremely accomodating, the sunsets are breath taking, the food is very good and you are within walking distance to a great golf course or if you wish the management will drop you off at no charge. My wife and I have been their twice in five years and have had a great time both times we have visited the resort. The grounds are impecable, the pool overlooks the ocean as well as many seats in the dining area. We can't wait to go back again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Reviewed July 7, 2005

The Pompano Beach Club is THE place to stay. We've travelled all over the world and recently received the best service ever. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
new york, ny
Reviewed July 3, 2005

Just got back from a 4 day stay at the Pampano, and we had a great time. (early 30's couple from new york that like relaxing at the beach) As a family run resort, everyone there is very friendly and always willing to help out. That genuine committment to service really made us feel welcome, and as if they would do all they could to make sure we would come back.

The beach there is very small, but beautiful, crystal clear water, and on low tides you can walk a few hundred yards out. There were plenty of loungers and umbrellas, as well as a drink shack right on the beach, always a plus. The pool was ok. It had a dated look to it, but it was fine and they keep it open 24 hours. Nice and romantic if you and someone special want to take a late night dip under the stars. They have kayaks and little paddle boats and stuff you can rent to have some fun in the ocean.

The people that stayed there were mostly couples, ranging from mid 20's to 50-60's, about 25% of the guests were families, there were more little kids there than we would have liked. The kids werent too bad, just a little noisy at the pool. But pretty much everyone we wet was very nice and having a great time.

We ate breakfast there everyday, the food was fine. You can sit outside and look over the water if you like. We sat inside after our first day because there are a lot of birds on the property. Lunch is available all afternoon out by the pool, very convienient. We had dinner at Pampano twice, and the food was very good, they make a good effort to change the menu everyday to offer some variety. I would reccommend using the meal plan there, because a cab anywhere else is going to add another 30-75$ round trip to your meal, (but it is Bermuda) and as I mentioned the dinner was very good.... The bar stays open at the hotel till midnight, and you can sit outside and watch the sunset right there over the water. There is usually live music in the evening, I think it was 6 days a week.

The rooms were nice, we were in a deluxe room, nice terrace (heads up tho, there is some bird poop problems), facing the ocean. Air conditioning and fans keep the room nice and cool. bathrooms in the deluxe were huge and nice. My only complaint about the rooms were the king beds. Too soft, and worse the sheets were not fitted, just palced on the bed and folded under the matress, so someone like myself (6'1", 230 lbs) will take the sheets with you everytime you turn at night and end up sleeping on a bare matress. This really bothered me. Good sleep is a huge part of the vacation to me.

Pampano is about 45 minutes and $50 from the airport. Town I think was about 1/2 hour and 25-30$ away. There are other great beaches like horseshoe bay that are very close to the property. If you want to go into town a lot maybe this is not the best place to stay. If you can be comfortable with a nice small beautiful beach and a few excellent ones close by for variety, I would then reccomend the Pampano. Also there were some other good resturaunts that were like 10, 15 mins away. If you are a golfer, Port Royal, one of the best public courses is right next door.
I would reccomend this hotel to couples like myself looking to get away for a few days and relax. If you get antsy and have to leave the hotel a lot and do a lot of sightseeing, be prepared to pay up for the cabs. not only that, its just the time it takes to go around the island. If I am on vacation I want to relax, not spend an hour in a cab. A lot of people rent mopeds, we opted not to, it may have been cheaper but not worht the hassle if you ask me. But if you need to get out a lot, maybe this isnt the place for you. I think most people will have a great relaxing time here. One other thing of note that I heard from a guest, so it may or may not be true: They are bulding like 20 more units or something along those lines. If they do add on to the resort, I may not come back, because like I said the beach is small, but just comfortable enough that it wasn't annoying, another 10 people down there and that might make it tight.

But go and have a great time, get a deluxe room if you can, I believe there is a good difference from what I hear. Especially the bathrooms.

As I said everyone there works very hard, and they are super nice. We really enjoyed ourselves, mainly relaxing on the beach right there at Pampano and had some great meals too.

PS they don't sell aloe there at the resort, you pick yout own from the aloe plants that grow right there. Something different and fun.

12 Thank caribcarib
Reviewed June 30, 2005

My wife and I have stayed in three different hotels in the past 25 years on the island of Bermuda. The best one is the Pompano Beach Club. The Lamb Brothers and their staff made our stay like visiting loving family. Besides the ocean views and other amenities, it is the staff and owners that make the difference between a great stay and a super stay. Pompano Beach Club on the island of Bermuda is the place to stay. We are planning to re-visit Pompano next year.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NJ
Reviewed June 30, 2005

My family and I recently returned from Pompano with one of the best vacations we ever had. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with the utmost kindness. The owners and staff could not be nicer and the hotel was spotless. The nightly entertainment was very good, and the food was excellent. If you needed a ride to the bus, the ferry or just to your room, they were more than happy to accomodate you. I highly recommend Pompano Beach, and am looking to return soon.

4 Thank Bones57
Reviewed June 29, 2005

First trip to Bermuda for a belated anniversary celebration. Unfortunately only able to get away for 3 nights, but so glad we picked Pompano. They have, bar none, the most friendly and accomodating staff we have ever experienced. We were relaxed from the moment we arrived. Starting with getting a tour of the facility to constantly being asked what else that could do to make the stay better. From the moment you step onto the property, everyone knows your name.

Not having been to the island before, they did a great job making suggestions of what to see and do in our short time there. Terrific sailing/snorkeling trip left right from their beach. They even arranged for a taxi to pick up our luggage at the hotel and pick us up in Hamilton on our departure day so we could stretch our free time.

We will definitely return.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2005

I just wanted to tell you that my husband and I stayed at the pompano beach club 6/13-19. We had an incredible honeymoon. Everything about the hotel is amazing. The staff is wonderful. We really felt welcome and comfortable. The food was incredible. I highly recommend the MAP food plan. They even have internet access in the lobby so that you can check email. I found out about the hotel while planning my honeymoon while on the wedding website called (---). 5 different brides referred me to your hotel saying that they had stayed there or their families had been going there for years. I am glad that we took a chance and booked there. There is a sandbar right off the beach where the snorkeling is incredible and I am told is the best on the island. We really enjoyed our honeymoon and look forward to coming back to the pompano beach club again and again in the years to come.

7 Thank jacnjeff
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,053 reviews

Been to Pompano Beach Club? Share your experiences!