We just returned from our first trip to Bermuda, 4 nights, at the Pompano. We picked Pompano because of the ratings on Tripadvisor, it looked like the best place to stay. IT WAS!
They had a taxi waiting for us at the airport, about a 45 minute drive and $40 fare. Upon arriving at Pompano, they knew our name (Taxi must have called in) and gave us a tour of the property (tour could have been better, but that is ok) The Pompano Beach Club is not stuffy like its compitition, it is down home, comfortable, cozy and relaxed.
We stayed in a Superior room (Deluxe was a 5 night min), it had a full ocean view, was very roomy with a King size bed, 2 chairs and a tv. Chairs and Lounges on the Lanai also. Oversized bathroom with a seperate shower/tub, hairdryer, 2 sinks and new tile...looked like our room was only a few years old, with a/c and a ceiling fan.
Upon arrival, we went to lunch at the outside cafe. Found to be nice, very friendly service and good food.
Dinner was in the main dining area (breakfast also) which is very beautiful, overlooking the ocean all around, not a bad seat in the house! Gives the visual of being on a cruise ship due to the ledge setting of the resort.
Plenty of seating, no matter when we went, we were always able to sit right down and eat. 5 course gourmet meal for dinner, different every night. Very good food, I would say excellent. Breakfast was also very good/Excellent. 2 mornings were buffett, super for a buffett, very fresh, huge variety and someone making fresh omlets for you. The other 2 mornings were order off the menu, again excellent, fresh food. Great variety, no skimping, good presentation.
The staff is exceptional at Pompano, everyone from housekeeping (2x per day to clean/refresh your towels/turn down bed with mints) to the waitstaff. They were all personable, smiling, not afraid to joke and have a good time with the guests. Would do absoluetely anything to help that they can.
One day we took the Ferry in to Hamilton for shopping, they gave us a ride there and told us how to call them for a ride back.
The beach is beautiful, no other beach like it on the island. Always chairs available, rafts and noodles to use. Warm clean water up to your waist for miles.... absoluetely breathtaking. We do not golf, we went for our anniv. just rest and relaxation.
The one thing I probably should have known based on the location of the property (being on a cliff/ledge) is the amount of stairs. For us, it was not a problem, a couple in our mid 30's and in shape....143 stairs from the beach to our room (can you believe I counted?) Room 70, we were in the highest room possible, magnificent view, wouldnt change a thing but if it were our grandparents or if we had small children with us, that is somthing we would want to know. There are plenty of rooms closer to the ocean, and the clubhouse (dinner/bar/reception area) is at about mid-point, so it was not bad, but did take our breath away at times.
Pompano and its staff should not disappoint you. If you want friendly, caring people with a casual, comfortable outlook (not too casual-still collared shirts in the rest. for men) this is the place for you. We found them to be exceptional. They are closing in November 2005 for 4 months, for a major renovation and face lift. We are looking forward to seeing/staying next year too. Feel free to email me with any questions and I will try to answer to the best of my ability.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish