This was our 5th visit to Pompano and was the 10th Anniversary of our first visit on our honeymoon. Pompano has grown over the years but the welcome is as warm as ever. Many of the staff were there in 1998 and it was like coming home!
The other reviews say it all about this little gem, yes it is a little dated and there can be some damp but the views are some of the best in the world, as are the staff. The food in the Cedar Room is excellent with good variety and the breakfast sets you up for the day.
Evening entertainment leaves a little to be desired but there is no need to do anything except sit out under the stars, listening to the tree frogs and the waves with a bottle of wine - Bermuda is indeed another world!
It is definitely best to stay MAP/Half Board as there are not many other dining options nearby and it is worth trying Cambridge Beaches and The Reefs just out of interest on the exchange if you can. Try to avoid leaving Pompano on Monday evening as the buffet has to be seen to be believed. The desserts especially are worth leaving room for!
Hire a scooter if you can as it is the best way to explore the islands - there are so many little coves and beaches which you can't reach by bus or ferry. It takes an hour to get to St Georges so its best to go to Dockyard and catch the fast ferry.
Hamilton is always worth a visit and Dockyard has the museum and some interesting shops. Flatts Inlet is pretty little spot with an aquarium and small zoo but not much else - definitely worth a visit. Ask Larry about Captain Shiner if you fancy a spot of gentle Reef Fishing - he is 87 and hasn't changed since we met him in 1998 - we have fished with him on every visit since and it is always a highlight of the visit.
We have already booked next years visit to Bermuda and needless to say, we are staying at Pompano!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish