1,516 results
All reviewsthe cedar roomthe lamb familyocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightflying fishfamily owned resortdining roomslow tidecoral reeftour of the propertybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the Pompano. It was absolutely amazing. I have never been at an upscale resort where you get to know the owner and the staff so well. As soon as we arrived Larry greated us at the front door as if we were family. The food is outstanding, the beach is gorgeous, and the staff is so accomodating. We would highly recommend any friends or family to stay at the Pompano and we will definetly be back.

Some other fun things we did:

Rented a Boston Whaler and cruised around Sommerset
Went for a casual lunch at the Country Squire
Nice dinner at Waterlot Inn - best steak we have ever had
Shopping in Hamilton (take the ferry from Rockaway)
Climbed the lighthouse - beautiful view of the island

Thanks for everything Pompano!

Ellie & Brian

1  Thank Ellie C
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I first stayed at Pompano 20 years ago and have come back again and again. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. Staff is friendly and service is impeccable. Accommodations are luxurious and the beach is perfect. Pool, workout room with ocean view, beach and pool bar, first-rate cuisine, all in a serene, laid back atmosphere. Small size lends a more intimate feel - the staff remembers us and welcomes us warmly each time we return. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Deluxe room in Angel Fish, Flying Fish or Dolphin House
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just returned this week from our 3rd visit to Pompano Beach Club ( our 7th visit to Bermuda). It is our favorite hotel in Bermuda for a number of reasons. The location is great for sunsets and for exploring by foot - close to railway trail that we took in both directions for good sights and exercise. Workout room is very nice for this size resort. The food is excellent with a lot of choices! The service is very good, beach is nice and you can walk a long ways in water due to the reefs. Lots of water sport activities available at extra price. The deluxe rooms have all been recently updated with new furniture and staying in a 2nd floor room you feel like you are over the water.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LA1005
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just having returned from my fifth trip to Pompano Beach Club since May of 2010, I am somewhat biased in my opinion of this resort as I have come to love and admire not only the owner but the wonderful, attentive staff whom I am proud to call my friends. The convenience of Bermuda is truly awesome--just 1 hour and 40 minutes from Boston on either DELTA or JetBlue, and you arrive in PARADISE! The spectacular turquoise blue water and pink, sugar-fine sand is like nothing I have ever seen in my 50 years. The resort is located in the parish of Southampton and is a pleasant 35 minute taxi ride from Bermuda International Airport. This resort is quiet, relaxed and clean...and I emphasis RELAXED. No dinner jackets required here. If you are looking for a Ritz-Carlton experience, Pompano may not be the place for you. The restaurants were recently rated #14 out of the top 35 in the world by the readers of "Conde Nast Traveler". The staff will literally bend over backwards to accommodate you (if they are able). Many members of the staff have been working at Pompano for DECADES. I can't say enough about my home away from home vacation spot. I hope you love it as much as my husband and I do.

Room Tip: Upper level Deluxe rooms are well worth the extra $$$. Just steps from the main building, they offer a spectacular, ocean front location and have recently been updated with large, flat-screen t.v.'s and new furniture. The bathrooms are large and offer double sinks (which I LOVE).
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just returned from Pompano on Tuesday. My husband and I LOVED everything about our stay!! The staff is so friendly and laid back and they all go out of their way to make the guests happy. It is nice to see familiar faces with the staff and other guests and you are able to get to know people because it isn't a huge chain hotel. We were able to get to know all of the managers on a personal basis, which is a nice touch. The food is delicious!! We did the meal plan and it was so worth it! The menus have lots of variety with a beautiful presentation. The property is gorgeous!! Everything is clean and you can't beat the private beach!! We went to Horseshoe Beach one day (public beach) and turned around within 20 minutes to head back to Pompano's private beach. The picture I attached shows the private beach. We rented a glass bottom kayak and had such a great time exploring all of the coral reefs and fish! We also went fishing off of the dock at night and were given all fishing supplies from the resort. The view off of our room's balcony was incredible and our room was very clean with a spacious bathroom. If you are a golfer, Port Royal is right next door which is a great convenience. The resort will shuttle you to and from the golf course, ferry station, or bus stop which is another great bonus. The sunset lounge displays the most beautiful sunsets and we were able to have waterfront dining for every meal!! I would and have been recommending Pompano to everyone, as it was a relaxing and beautiful experience. We are absolutely returning to the Pompano Beach Club!!