1,538 results
All reviews the lamb family the cedar room ocean grill larry lamb meal plan port royal golf course deluxe room couples golf tournament the bus flying fish monday night low tide dining rooms tour of the property family owned shallow water breakfast and dinner
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We celebrated our 30th Anniversary at Pompano Beach over an extended Memorial Day weekend. We have stayed in Bermuda 5 times and this was by far the best hotel experience. After delays at Bermuda's airport (no radar!), it was wonderful to be greeted by a very welcoming staff. I cannot say enough about how accomodating they ALL were, especially the manager, Tim. Our room was lovely and quite large - but it was the views of the turquois water from our room, the lobby, the restaurant, pool,& boat house that were amazing. Also - very important - we decided to sign up for the meal plan and the food was excellent! We usually enjoy eating at different restaurants since that is part the adventure of travelling - but the price was right and a new menu was posted daily with a choice of at least 3 entrees in 2 different dining rooms. Kudo's to the Chef - the menu's were very diverse with wonderful gourmet selections as well as traditional. There is a meal exchange program with several other top hotels, but we only went out to dinner once, and found their menu to be much more limited than Pompano's.
If you go reef fishing (lots of fun to catch many varieties of fish - yellow tail snapper, amberjack, an exotic lionfish & we even had a wahoo on the line) The captain filleted some of the fish and we took it back for the chef to work his magic, and we enjoyed a delicious sauteed fish fillet for lunch. You just can't beat that! There are also plenty of water activities right at Pompano Beach, in fact some of the best snorkeling reefs around. Golf at the Royal Islander is right next door and a short bus ride to the Navy Dockyard & ferry to Hamilton. I could go on & on. We will definitely be returning with our family next year.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for a few nights in mid-May. The beach is wonderful. Soft sand, gently sloping entry into the water, and a variety of water toys available to rent. The staff were great. Very helpful and polite. The food is absolutely terrific. I would definitely recommend getting the food packages they offer as they are worth the price. The room we stayed in, however, was not up to par. There was fuzzy mold growing on the picture ABOVE THE BED. The electrical sockets were not secured to the wall and were left dangling by the cord. The bathroom comes equipped with a toilet plunger...which, sad to say, had to be used on a couple occasions. One day the water coming out of the tap in the bathroom was brown (I assume there was work being done on the system somewhere, but still not a great sight ). The other places we have stayed in Bermuda had rooms which were so much nicer. IMO, the main attraction for Pompano is the beach but the many wonderful public beaches makes this less appealing. My recommendation is to stay elsewhere.

13  Thank happywanderer44885
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from Pompano Beach where we celebrated her birthday. The staff are very warm and friendly. The attitude which prevails throughout the resort by staff is "what can I do for you." We were particularly pleased with Tim, a manager, who painstakingly accomdated our every request. We met guests who have made multiple trips to this resort. Each guest we encountered was as satisfied as us with the resort's hospitality. We signed on with the MAP dining choice. The meals were impeccably prepared and consistently good. My wife received a birthday cake with her name embossed with icing on the serving plate. What a touch ! We will return to Pompano Beach.

5  Thank Vjnitti
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just went to Bermuda with another couple, our great long-time friends. They had stayed at Pompano before and highly recommended that we go back with them. It exceeded all expectations, and believe me they were high. Everything from when we walked through the door was just great. The staff were always smiling, friendly, helpful and happy to engage in conversations. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, there are several hot tubs, pool and beachside drinks were fabulous! Dinners were all amazing. We were there 4 nights and ate at the resort three nights, and at Cambridge Beaches one night through the dine around plan. We weren't able to get into The Reefs, but we didn't mind dining at Pompano again because the menu was so full of great choices, we were happy to try other choices. Rooms were pretty and clean with great views.
The resort was a little quiet but I think it was because it was early in the season (3rd week in May), so we went to Horseshoe Beach during the day, but came back for happy hour and dinner. They just added a couple floating docks off the beach to swim out to, which are so fun! Dan the intern was great on the beach, George the pool bartender, Mervyn the bartender inside, Tim the manager, all of the lovely ladies at the front desk, CeeCee the driver....everyone was just so incredibly friendly and fun. I hope we will be lucky enough to get to go back many times.

3  Thank ericabuchanan
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Pompano Beach Club is a great resort in Bermuda! This was my second time to get the pleasure
of staying at the Pompano, and once again I can not say enough good things about our wonderful
experience at this hotel! Our suite was extremely spacious with the very best view of all of
Bermuda!! What hotels offer a personnel greeting by the owner upon arrival?! Well that is
exactly what you get at the Pompano -- that alone tells you what type of service you will get
at the Pompano.. the front desk staff goes out of their way to make sure you get all your
questions answered, the college interns where always ready to help with a big
smile on their face, and the restaurant staff was always ready to make you feel right at home
while offering the best of service!! The food selection for the MAP (Breakfast & Dinner) catered
to everyones taste in my party... that's a first! The Pompano has the 'Most" fantastic beach
and views!! The ocean at the Pompano is the very best for all water sports including fishing!
My 13 year old was sooo impressed that he could catch a snapper right off the pier of the hotel,
and have it prepared for his lunch! Can not go wrong with this hotel -- I could go on and on
with all the positives!!

Room tip: Rooms 42 and 43 have the best views!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family