1,516 results
All reviewsthe cedar roomthe lamb familyocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightflying fishfamily owned resortdining roomslow tidecoral reeftour of the propertybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just went to Bermuda with another couple, our great long-time friends. They had stayed at Pompano before and highly recommended that we go back with them. It exceeded all expectations, and believe me they were high. Everything from when we walked through the door was just great. The staff were always smiling, friendly, helpful and happy to engage in conversations. The beach is absolutely gorgeous, there are several hot tubs, pool and beachside drinks were fabulous! Dinners were all amazing. We were there 4 nights and ate at the resort three nights, and at Cambridge Beaches one night through the dine around plan. We weren't able to get into The Reefs, but we didn't mind dining at Pompano again because the menu was so full of great choices, we were happy to try other choices. Rooms were pretty and clean with great views.
The resort was a little quiet but I think it was because it was early in the season (3rd week in May), so we went to Horseshoe Beach during the day, but came back for happy hour and dinner. They just added a couple floating docks off the beach to swim out to, which are so fun! Dan the intern was great on the beach, George the pool bartender, Mervyn the bartender inside, Tim the manager, all of the lovely ladies at the front desk, CeeCee the driver....everyone was just so incredibly friendly and fun. I hope we will be lucky enough to get to go back many times.

3  Thank ericabuchanan
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Pompano Beach Club is a great resort in Bermuda! This was my second time to get the pleasure
of staying at the Pompano, and once again I can not say enough good things about our wonderful
experience at this hotel! Our suite was extremely spacious with the very best view of all of
Bermuda!! What hotels offer a personnel greeting by the owner upon arrival?! Well that is
exactly what you get at the Pompano -- that alone tells you what type of service you will get
at the Pompano.. the front desk staff goes out of their way to make sure you get all your
questions answered, the college interns where always ready to help with a big
smile on their face, and the restaurant staff was always ready to make you feel right at home
while offering the best of service!! The food selection for the MAP (Breakfast & Dinner) catered
to everyones taste in my party... that's a first! The Pompano has the 'Most" fantastic beach
and views!! The ocean at the Pompano is the very best for all water sports including fishing!
My 13 year old was sooo impressed that he could catch a snapper right off the pier of the hotel,
and have it prepared for his lunch! Can not go wrong with this hotel -- I could go on and on
with all the positives!!

Room Tip: Rooms 42 and 43 have the best views!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank pb1978
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I found an absolute treasure in Pompano Beach Club!
We were only there for 5 nights, and from the moment we arrived we found ourselves wishing we had booked a longer trip! We will DEFINITELY return!
After more than 50 years in the business, the Lamb family certainly KNOWS how to provide a QUALITY personal & intimate experience for their guests at this small hotel/resort tucked away on the side of a bluff overlooking the azure waters of a protected shallow, sandy bay that extends about 200 yards to the surrounding reef. Although the resort itself is very established, it's not "old" in any sense of the word. We found everything to be modern and top-notch! It's obvious that they've continuously invested in capital improvements.
Our large ocean-front room was fantastic! What a view! It had a balcony with two lounge chairs as well as two conventional chairs, very comfy king bed, luxurious linens, FABULOUS tiled bathroom with dual sinks, separate shower large enough for two, a steeping tub, waffle-weave robes, and rugs for the floor! LOVED having "Mike" stop-by every evening asking if we needed extra towels, even though a more than sufficient number were provided daily!
This hotel/resort is very "civilized" . . . old world ambiance and courtesy from ALL the staff. I found it provided a slower pace for those, like my husband and me, who wanted to kick-back and relax away from the frenzy of life. YET . . . they have all sorts of activities available on site or right next door if or when you want them! Although the weather didn't fully cooperate enough for our tastes in order to indulge in ocean watersports while we were there, the heated pool and 3 hot tubs (along with the delicious libations available -t an additional cost - at the poolside & beach bars!) more than satisfied our needs. And we even fished a bit from the dock with the help of Dan, their intern from Massachusetts. We DID golf at Port Royal (adjacent to the property) and it was wonderful! It provides a discount for guests at Pompano and is a great course - with very distracting views of the ocean on the back nine!!! (We likened it to golfing on Maui - without having to fly all the way to Hawaii!)
And where can I possibly begin in extoling the taste, presentation and variety of the meals? We chose the modified American plan that included breakfast and a five (YES, five) course dinner nightly (drinks not included). The selections for both meals (served in your choice of two separate restaurants) were quite extensive and everything was delicious! Kudos to the Chef! We wish we would have asked to meet him in order to praise him personally. Wait staff were extremely helpful and attentive. Many have been with the resort for a long time - which speaks volumes about how smoothly things operate because they know their jobs and how to serve customers well. In fact, every single staff person at the hotel/resort was friendly and helpful. The services they provided were above and beyond our expectations. Not sure if it's just the way they do business at this hotel/resort or the culture of the country, but they certainly understand how to provide GREAT customer service!
The spa was delightful! A very quite location with the same ocean view as our room.(Too bad my eyes were closed most of the time as I enjoyed my massages! LOL!)
Nightly entertainment was provided in the lounge, but again, more "civilized" (piano bar type) than pounding disco. Yet - the DJ who showed rare music videos from the past one night during our stay was INCREDIBLE!
Pompano Beach Club was so wonderful that we only chose to venture out to other parts of the country on two occasions, but when we did, we found the people of Bermuda and their country to be just lovely. Friendly, bright, clean and safe! Not at all like some parts of the Carribean - and that's exactly what we loved!
One thing we hope Bermuda adds before we return is to update the way their airport provides luggage and human security scanning. If the country wants to increase tourism, it should consider providing a better "exit" experience, because its the last thing tourists will remember about their trip. Going through customs to return to the U. S. was fairly quick, but with only one checked-bag scanner, two carry-on baggage scanners and one walk-through device, lines grew quite long. We're glad we left for the airport two & 1/2 hours before our flight! It was the ONLY thing that that marred an otherwise wonderful experience in Bermuda!

3  Thank CLambert9
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip here. He knows I like small hotels and he chose very well. There are 70 plus rooms and they're spread out. We had a suite with a very large, well-appointed bathroom. The rooms are a little tired and could use some sprucing up, but they were clean and the linens and towels pristine. It's quite a hike down lots of stairs to get to rthe beach, which is small, so we sat by the pool most days. We were going to get just the full breakfast but after reading reviews from others who had stayed here and praised the food, we decided to go on the MAP plan. We were very glad we did. We divided our dinners between the 2 restaurants and loved sitting by the floor-to-ceiling windows in the Ocean Grill Room. It felt as if we were dining aboard ship: the view spectacular. The menu stayed the same in the Grill Room but varied nightly in the other restaurant. My only complaint, which I expressed to Larry Lamb, the owner, was about the Rack of Lamb on the menu. I ordered it and was dismayed to see 3 small, thin chops. To me, this is not a "rack" of lamb. We were on the MAP plan, but if you weren't, these tiny chops were $35. Larry defended the serving size, but I suggested he just call it lamb chops, not saying ":rack" as that word denotes more than 3 little chops in my mind. The rest of the meals were wonderful and each dinner had 5 courses (no wonder I put on some weight!) We go to Sandals in the winter and I'd love to have the Sandals chefs come and take some lessons from the chefs at Pompano Beach!. The staff was wonderful. The first person we met was Cindi who made us feel like family the momewnt we stepped through the door. The waiters George and Michael couldn't so enough for us. Mervyn the perfect bar tender, remembering what you liked, and Lauren at the front desk very helpful, especially explaining the busses and shuttle set-up. We enjoyed the entertainment which changed nightly and no one pressured you to order drinks. The idea was: come in, sit down, and enjoy. We did.

Room Tip: Just ask to be pretty close to the main building, otherwise you'll do lots of climbing and the hills are steep.
2  Thank sterlingsilver37
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a week in Bermuda with the family. Great experience at the Pompano Beach Club. One of the other reviewers referred to it as a cross between a bed and breakfast and a small full-scale resort. I couldn't agree more. The meals were great. The view of the beautiful beach, blue ocean and sunsets were intoxicating. And the entire staff at the Pompano went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. I know it doesn't sound like it but generally I'm pretty hard to please. I really liked this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family