Fairmont Southampton(Southampton Parish)
$373
Royal Palms Hotel(Hamilton)
$369
RoyalPalms.com
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
$435
$375
1,516 results
All reviewsthe cedar roomthe lamb familyocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightflying fishfamily owned resortdining roomslow tidecoral reeftour of the propertybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I found an absolute treasure in Pompano Beach Club!
We were only there for 5 nights, and from the moment we arrived we found ourselves wishing we had booked a longer trip! We will DEFINITELY return!
After more than 50 years in the business, the Lamb family certainly KNOWS how to provide a QUALITY personal & intimate experience for their guests at this small hotel/resort tucked away on the side of a bluff overlooking the azure waters of a protected shallow, sandy bay that extends about 200 yards to the surrounding reef. Although the resort itself is very established, it's not "old" in any sense of the word. We found everything to be modern and top-notch! It's obvious that they've continuously invested in capital improvements.
Our large ocean-front room was fantastic! What a view! It had a balcony with two lounge chairs as well as two conventional chairs, very comfy king bed, luxurious linens, FABULOUS tiled bathroom with dual sinks, separate shower large enough for two, a steeping tub, waffle-weave robes, and rugs for the floor! LOVED having "Mike" stop-by every evening asking if we needed extra towels, even though a more than sufficient number were provided daily!
This hotel/resort is very "civilized" . . . old world ambiance and courtesy from ALL the staff. I found it provided a slower pace for those, like my husband and me, who wanted to kick-back and relax away from the frenzy of life. YET . . . they have all sorts of activities available on site or right next door if or when you want them! Although the weather didn't fully cooperate enough for our tastes in order to indulge in ocean watersports while we were there, the heated pool and 3 hot tubs (along with the delicious libations available -t an additional cost - at the poolside & beach bars!) more than satisfied our needs. And we even fished a bit from the dock with the help of Dan, their intern from Massachusetts. We DID golf at Port Royal (adjacent to the property) and it was wonderful! It provides a discount for guests at Pompano and is a great course - with very distracting views of the ocean on the back nine!!! (We likened it to golfing on Maui - without having to fly all the way to Hawaii!)
And where can I possibly begin in extoling the taste, presentation and variety of the meals? We chose the modified American plan that included breakfast and a five (YES, five) course dinner nightly (drinks not included). The selections for both meals (served in your choice of two separate restaurants) were quite extensive and everything was delicious! Kudos to the Chef! We wish we would have asked to meet him in order to praise him personally. Wait staff were extremely helpful and attentive. Many have been with the resort for a long time - which speaks volumes about how smoothly things operate because they know their jobs and how to serve customers well. In fact, every single staff person at the hotel/resort was friendly and helpful. The services they provided were above and beyond our expectations. Not sure if it's just the way they do business at this hotel/resort or the culture of the country, but they certainly understand how to provide GREAT customer service!
The spa was delightful! A very quite location with the same ocean view as our room.(Too bad my eyes were closed most of the time as I enjoyed my massages! LOL!)
Nightly entertainment was provided in the lounge, but again, more "civilized" (piano bar type) than pounding disco. Yet - the DJ who showed rare music videos from the past one night during our stay was INCREDIBLE!
Pompano Beach Club was so wonderful that we only chose to venture out to other parts of the country on two occasions, but when we did, we found the people of Bermuda and their country to be just lovely. Friendly, bright, clean and safe! Not at all like some parts of the Carribean - and that's exactly what we loved!
One thing we hope Bermuda adds before we return is to update the way their airport provides luggage and human security scanning. If the country wants to increase tourism, it should consider providing a better "exit" experience, because its the last thing tourists will remember about their trip. Going through customs to return to the U. S. was fairly quick, but with only one checked-bag scanner, two carry-on baggage scanners and one walk-through device, lines grew quite long. We're glad we left for the airport two & 1/2 hours before our flight! It was the ONLY thing that that marred an otherwise wonderful experience in Bermuda!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CLambert9
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip here. He knows I like small hotels and he chose very well. There are 70 plus rooms and they're spread out. We had a suite with a very large, well-appointed bathroom. The rooms are a little tired and could use some sprucing up, but they were clean and the linens and towels pristine. It's quite a hike down lots of stairs to get to rthe beach, which is small, so we sat by the pool most days. We were going to get just the full breakfast but after reading reviews from others who had stayed here and praised the food, we decided to go on the MAP plan. We were very glad we did. We divided our dinners between the 2 restaurants and loved sitting by the floor-to-ceiling windows in the Ocean Grill Room. It felt as if we were dining aboard ship: the view spectacular. The menu stayed the same in the Grill Room but varied nightly in the other restaurant. My only complaint, which I expressed to Larry Lamb, the owner, was about the Rack of Lamb on the menu. I ordered it and was dismayed to see 3 small, thin chops. To me, this is not a "rack" of lamb. We were on the MAP plan, but if you weren't, these tiny chops were $35. Larry defended the serving size, but I suggested he just call it lamb chops, not saying ":rack" as that word denotes more than 3 little chops in my mind. The rest of the meals were wonderful and each dinner had 5 courses (no wonder I put on some weight!) We go to Sandals in the winter and I'd love to have the Sandals chefs come and take some lessons from the chefs at Pompano Beach!. The staff was wonderful. The first person we met was Cindi who made us feel like family the momewnt we stepped through the door. The waiters George and Michael couldn't so enough for us. Mervyn the perfect bar tender, remembering what you liked, and Lauren at the front desk very helpful, especially explaining the busses and shuttle set-up. We enjoyed the entertainment which changed nightly and no one pressured you to order drinks. The idea was: come in, sit down, and enjoy. We did.

Room Tip: Just ask to be pretty close to the main building, otherwise you'll do lots of climbing and the hills are steep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sterlingsilver37
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a week in Bermuda with the family. Great experience at the Pompano Beach Club. One of the other reviewers referred to it as a cross between a bed and breakfast and a small full-scale resort. I couldn't agree more. The meals were great. The view of the beautiful beach, blue ocean and sunsets were intoxicating. And the entire staff at the Pompano went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. I know it doesn't sound like it but generally I'm pretty hard to please. I really liked this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Henry R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our hotel was wonderful. We had an oceanfront living room and our bedroom overlooked a golf course. The colors of the ocean were amazing. The staff and Larry (one of the owners) couldn't have been any nicer. They made you feel like family. The taxi cab drivers loved their country and told us all kinds of informative information. The hotel was like being at your second home and we found the country, itself, a perfect place to unwind.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cheri R
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently returned from our second, what will be annual, trip to Pompano. We were greeted by familiar, friendly faces and the unbelievable view of the ocean. It looks as if I could step from the lobby area into the clear, blue water. As returning guests, we had a gift waiting in our room.
It's a family-friendly spot, as it's laid-back and comfortable. There's plenty to do between the pool, beach, or a short bus ride in to Hamilton or the Dockyard.
Our suite was comfortable and well-kept and we had a lawn off our patio to enjoy the beautiful view. I think all rooms offer a view as the rooms are situated up a hill facing the water.
The food is quite good and the menu changes nightly. Choosing the all-inclusive makes for an extremely relaxing vacation.
We've already booked our return trip. It's family-run and family-friendly. The service is kind and accommodating. We can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family