1,516 results
All reviewsthe cedar roomthe lamb familyocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightflying fishfamily owned resortdining roomslow tidecoral reeftour of the propertybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip here. He knows I like small hotels and he chose very well. There are 70 plus rooms and they're spread out. We had a suite with a very large, well-appointed bathroom. The rooms are a little tired and could use some sprucing up, but they were clean and the linens and towels pristine. It's quite a hike down lots of stairs to get to rthe beach, which is small, so we sat by the pool most days. We were going to get just the full breakfast but after reading reviews from others who had stayed here and praised the food, we decided to go on the MAP plan. We were very glad we did. We divided our dinners between the 2 restaurants and loved sitting by the floor-to-ceiling windows in the Ocean Grill Room. It felt as if we were dining aboard ship: the view spectacular. The menu stayed the same in the Grill Room but varied nightly in the other restaurant. My only complaint, which I expressed to Larry Lamb, the owner, was about the Rack of Lamb on the menu. I ordered it and was dismayed to see 3 small, thin chops. To me, this is not a "rack" of lamb. We were on the MAP plan, but if you weren't, these tiny chops were $35. Larry defended the serving size, but I suggested he just call it lamb chops, not saying ":rack" as that word denotes more than 3 little chops in my mind. The rest of the meals were wonderful and each dinner had 5 courses (no wonder I put on some weight!) We go to Sandals in the winter and I'd love to have the Sandals chefs come and take some lessons from the chefs at Pompano Beach!. The staff was wonderful. The first person we met was Cindi who made us feel like family the momewnt we stepped through the door. The waiters George and Michael couldn't so enough for us. Mervyn the perfect bar tender, remembering what you liked, and Lauren at the front desk very helpful, especially explaining the busses and shuttle set-up. We enjoyed the entertainment which changed nightly and no one pressured you to order drinks. The idea was: come in, sit down, and enjoy. We did.

Room Tip: Just ask to be pretty close to the main building, otherwise you'll do lots of climbing and the hills are steep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sterlingsilver37
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from a week in Bermuda with the family. Great experience at the Pompano Beach Club. One of the other reviewers referred to it as a cross between a bed and breakfast and a small full-scale resort. I couldn't agree more. The meals were great. The view of the beautiful beach, blue ocean and sunsets were intoxicating. And the entire staff at the Pompano went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. I know it doesn't sound like it but generally I'm pretty hard to please. I really liked this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Henry R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our hotel was wonderful. We had an oceanfront living room and our bedroom overlooked a golf course. The colors of the ocean were amazing. The staff and Larry (one of the owners) couldn't have been any nicer. They made you feel like family. The taxi cab drivers loved their country and told us all kinds of informative information. The hotel was like being at your second home and we found the country, itself, a perfect place to unwind.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cheri R
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently returned from our second, what will be annual, trip to Pompano. We were greeted by familiar, friendly faces and the unbelievable view of the ocean. It looks as if I could step from the lobby area into the clear, blue water. As returning guests, we had a gift waiting in our room.
It's a family-friendly spot, as it's laid-back and comfortable. There's plenty to do between the pool, beach, or a short bus ride in to Hamilton or the Dockyard.
Our suite was comfortable and well-kept and we had a lawn off our patio to enjoy the beautiful view. I think all rooms offer a view as the rooms are situated up a hill facing the water.
The food is quite good and the menu changes nightly. Choosing the all-inclusive makes for an extremely relaxing vacation.
We've already booked our return trip. It's family-run and family-friendly. The service is kind and accommodating. We can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you are seeking a quieter, more intimate retreat in Bermuda, the Pompano could suit your needs. We have just returned from our third visit there over a 33 year period. Pompano is perched on a a bluff along the South Shore. All of the rooms are sited to capture the spectacular island sunsets. Both of the dining rooms have large picture windows looking out to the ocean. Whether outside or inside, you feel connected to the water. The food is gourmet quality. We were on the MAP, which meant that a full breakfast and dinner were included in our daily room rate. The food is definitely a highlight each day. All of the other guest areas have breathtaking ocean views, including the workout room. Mopeds are brought to the hotel for guests wishing to rent them. For those not inclined, the staff happily provides lifts to the bus stops for trips to other areas of the island. I would say the one disappointment is the entertainment. Only three acts were showcased during our one week stay, and two of the three were there multiple times. There was nothing to appeal to the younger adults, unless you count the dj. Steel drum music was only offerred on Saturday evening.

Room Tip: Try a top floor room in Flying Fish, Angel Fish or Dolphin House.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple