No malls. No restaurant chains. No rent-a-cars. No rush. That's Bermuda, and Pompano tops it off with comfortable accommodations on a dramatic site where you are constantly soothed by the vista and sounds of the beach and ocean.
Gourmet five course meals make the meal plan a must - several changing choices for appetizer, soup, salad, and dessert and 8-10 for entrees mean you likely won't even want to take advantage of their dine-around option, and when you consider its value ($60 supper + $20 breakfast x 2 = $160/room/ night), the package is cheap.
There's no division of labour here - every staff member seems to be looking for a reason to please whether the request is within their normal job description or not. The maitre de, wait staff and chefs work as a team to ensure every meal is a pleasure, and it seemed that each course materialized magically just when you were ready for it, no fuss, no bother.
The front desk won't let you pass by without greeting you and anticipating your needs. It's impossible to tell which is the manager, asst manager, clerk or shuttle driver - they all do it all, including co-owner Larry. Every one is a tourist guide, friend, and gay witty raconteur.
We used the shuttle constantly to go back and forth to the golf course, bus stop, and convenience store and never waited more than five minutes - it was like we had our own private chauffeur.
While checking out, my wife asked the lady at the desk if she might have something she could use to do a temporary patch job on her luggage. The airline had cracked off a wheel on her hard-shelled suitcase leaving a gaping hole. The lady not only came up with - you guessed it - a roll of duct tape, but insisted on doing the repairs herself!
The adjacent Port Royal golf course is a championship track, but fun to play from the whites or ladies tees and what views!
We were there in the March shoulder season when nothing was fully booked, and so no doubt got better service, but this hotel only has 75 rooms, so am sure this staff will please even when full, and there will likely be more of them on then, too.
Rooms a bit dated, but have huge patios, bedrooms and baths, and site says they're being upgraded - they were fine for us and the beds were deadly!!??!!
Entertainment 2/5 nights, Mervin the affable bartender
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish