Let me start by saying that Bermuda is absolutely gorgeous. It has to be one of the cleanest and well maintained islands I have ever had the pleasure of vacationing in. The people are estremely friendly and there is no sales tax.
The resort is family owned and I had the pleasure of talking with Tom on the phone prior to the vacation and meeting Larry while there. They are both extremely friendly and have created an atmosphere that is extremely homey. This is resort (especially in Dec) is not a place to stay if you are looking for active night life i.e., clubs scene, due to nothing being close by. This is more for a relaxing getaway. We met the most wonderful people who were also vacationing there who were repeat offenders.
We stayed in a Deluxe ocean front room. It was very roomy with a large bathroom with double sinks and a separate tower from the large tub. It was very clean and had an island motif. It is not luxurious but better than adequate. We had our own balcony and it was very private. The view from the room was amazing - waking up every morning and seeing the ocean from our bed was a heck of a way to start the day. We had twice daily cleaning service.
There were three restaurants, two bars, heated pool, multiple jacuzzis and a private beach. Unfortunately, we went over Christmas so the weather was not warm enough for us middle aged folks to dare go into the water. I talked with one of the locals and they said that Pompano has the best beach on the island due to the fact you can walk out (or swim - chest deep) about 500 meters in shallow water that is the color of the palest aqua to a floating dock and the other side is deep dark water that you can dive into.
The food: Incredible!!. We did not have a single meal that was not exceptional. Hats off to the chefs.
Service: What an amazing group of personnel that work at the resort. They are ready and willing to drop everything to assist you in any way they can. They helped with lost luggage, tee times, transportation and any other question we had. The restaurant staff were friendly and fast. Special shout out to Velda, Mervin, Lorna and Corvet.
Recommendation: Sign up for the meal plan. It is the least expensive means to experience five course, five star meals each night. You will not regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish