Pompano Beach Club was our favorite vacation we always looked forward to going back all year. The views of the ocean are stunning. We got married there years ago and became emotionally attached .
The staff is always there to greet you . Mervin always makes us feel right at home and Larry is always friendly, but he has done some cut backs. I haven't seen a cookout in a few years. The welcome bottle of wine is long gone and its pretty clear they need more ground staff.
The pool is no longer cleaned every day - this time I continually saw debris and napkins at the bottom of the pool and the tiles on the sides were too dirty for me to go in.
Maid service was very poor - somebody that had the room before us spilled pills on the floor and I kept finding them. At over $700 a night I shouldnt have to ask for toilet paper. One day I spilled water on my bed so I stripped it before going out for the day and when I returned the bed was remade with the wet sheets The beach was always clean in the past but now just a young girl with a pitch fork and a wheel barrel trying her best but just couldn't put a dent in the sea weed that was there.
We always got the meal plan which includes breakfast and dinner. The meals were OK but after having ten dinners not one was that great and most nights only one of the two dining room were open.
We all know times are hard and people are making cut backs but that's all the more reason for places to work harder for your business. We save all year to have $10,000 to spend on vacation and spent over $8000 of it at Pompano and really feel we got a poor value this visit. I really hope they turn it around because I can't see going back when a lot of places are offering more and more to get you to come - when Tom + Larry are offering less than they did before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish