We have been to Bermuda multiple times and stayed at Pompano. You would think it would be a no-brainer to want to return there. There should be no question in your mind that spending around $800 night was totally worth it.
Year after year the rates have gone up and the service and quality has deteriorated. The beach area used to be raked daily, it was barely touched. The patio sand areas used to be cleaned up and raked as well and they weren't touched during our stay (although it was raked for a wedding). The pool was vacuumed once and we continually saw debris and water logged napkins at the bottom of the pool. We even pulled a cigarette butt from the pool when we arrived and put it on the deck to only walk past it day after day and never see it cleaned up. The maid service has deterioriated as well, it would be nice if they checked room supplies such as tissues and toilet paper so we don't have to ask for it.
To ask for an increase in room rates each year and provide less and less is not a good business decision. We always looked forward to the barbeque, but apparantly it doesn't seem to happen anymore. The same with restaurant choices - closing one each night was not what we bargained for.
We always appreciate the staff friendliness, but we can't justify the cost anymore for what we receive. Mostly likely, we'll travel elsewhere now so we at least feel we are getting value for the $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish