We spent a week at the Pompano Beach Club in late September 2012. So much has been said about this resort by other reviewers, I’m just going to make a few comments based on our experience.
Pros: lovely setting, with a beautiful beach for swimming, snorkeling, and relaxing. The water is so clear you can see the fish from the restaurant balcony. The meal plan was very good value, and we enjoyed the nightly meals dining on the patio in the Cedar Room. The majority of the staff is friendly and professional. The staff was very helpful in arranging for local shuttles, and giving advice on transportation around the island. We enjoyed our ferry trip from the Naval Dockyard to St. George. Our morning cruise around the island with one of the local operators was enjoyable. We found ourselves with a generally pleasant group of guests. Relaxed ambiance. The owners keep a close eye on the entire operation. Good access to internet.
Cons: Our room and bathroom smelled musty. It was clear that the problem was coming from the air conditioner, and these would benefit from regular cleaning/disinfecting. The sliding glass door in our room was old and worn out, accompanied by a plastic “security bar” (no working lock on the door). The room rate seems high for the quality of the rooms, even allowing for the location. The decor in the Ocean Grill is outdated, uninspiring, and in definite need of renovation. The pool is small, and the pool water was so warm when we were visiting, that it really wasn’t comfortable for swimming. The nightly entertainment is pretty basic for a luxury resort. However, maybe this is reflective of who is available. The fitness area was disappointing.
On checking out, I was presented with my bill, but wasn’t asked if I had enjoyed my stay.
In summary, we had a very nice time, but in our experience, the resort wasn't up to the international luxury standards we had hoped for. The setting, as all other reviewers have said, is absolutely lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish