My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in room 41. We've traveled all over and we rank this as one of the best vacations we've ever had, anywhere. It's been more than two weeks and we are still talking about it.
SERVICE: 5 star service!! When I was booking I had a special request that one of the owners (Tom) followed up with me directly about. I knew right away that the Pompano Beach Club placed an extreme emphasis on service quality after speaking with Tom. When we arrived we were greeted by the front office staff and immediately given a tour (all while our bags were secured and taken up the hill to our room). From the wait staff, to the front office, to the cleaning staff... everyone was extremely friendly and accomodating. The resort operates like a family-owned property should.
ROOM: I don't think any of the rooms have a bad view, but ours, from the top of the hill, was exceptional. Truly surreal to wake up to that view every morning. The room was large and well laid out. There was a pull out couch. The bedding was VERY comfortable. We had a huge balcony (really more like a patio) with lounge chairs and a table. Did I mention the view? The only think I could compare it to would be what you get when you stay in a high deck balcony room on a cruise ship. The bathroom was large and updated with a soaking tub, dual vanity and separate shower stall.
FOOD: Terrific food. Much better than the typical "all inclusive" fare. Breakfast was available two places (either continental or full service/buffet). For lunch there was plenty of variety at a reasonable price. The prices were also very reasonable. Dinner is also served in two places. Our favorite meal was at the Grill (more amazing views). We participated in the dining exchange program to the Reefs, which is another great option to guests.
AMENITIES: The property is truly unique. It's basically perched on a steep hill/cliff. ...but no matter where your room is, you are close to everything (the beach, the restaurants, etc... all steps away). You will walk up and down a lot of steps (as is the case with any shoreside Bermuda resort) but the staff will give you a ride if you get too tired. The pool deck, the layout, the buidlings... made the resort have a Mediterranean feel, The beach is truly unique. It's a nice white sand cove with a sand bar that stretches nearly a quarter mile. At low tide, you can wade out hundreds of yards in the shallow water. There are free chairs, tables, and umbrellas at the beach. It NEVER felt crowded. My wife and I watched the sunset from the beach one night and were literally the only people on there. There are not any connected properties, so Pompano's area of the shore is competely private and secluded. There is a tiki bar on the beach just steps away from the sand. The resort provides all kinds of free water sports. They will even give you free fishing equipment and bait (and they will cook any decent sized fish you catch when you go to dinner). There is a game room and spa. There is daily entertainment and activities. My one (very small) gripe... I wish the resort would change the hours at the pool bar. It close around dinner time. I think it would be incredible if they moved their live entertainment out there at night from time to time. Its gorgeous there and I think guests would love to hang out there and enjoy the scenery at night.
ATMOSPHERE: There was a mixture of couples and families. People of all ages, really. We didn't bring our 2 year old son, but he wouldn't have been out of place at all. Actually, we're hoping to plan a trip with him and our extended family soon.
LOGISTICS: The resort is about 45 minutes from the airport. 30 minutes from Hamilton (by bus). It is only 5 minutes from the Reefs and the Lighthouse (by taxi). Transportation from the airport (via CEO transportation) was easy and cheap.
SUMMARY: Amazing trip. Memorable and worth every penny. We can't wait to go back. Thanks to the Lamb family and all of the staff for making our stay so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish