1,523 results
All reviews the cedar room the lamb family ocean grill larry lamb meal plan port royal golf course deluxe room the bus couples golf tournament monday night flying fish family owned resort dining rooms low tide coral reef tour of the property breakfast and dinner
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First of all I would just like to thank everyone at Pompano for making our stay there absolutely wonderful. The staff are amazing; they treat you like family, not just people staying at their hotel. If they walk by you, they say hello and ask you how you're doing. I've never experienced such kind hospitality anywhere, so thank you! When we first arrived we were blown away by their willingness to help us with our bags. They drove us up to our room (the rooms are scattered throughout the area, in different areas) and even lugged the bags up the stairs to our room! I was just about to help and carry my bag but they wouldn't allow it. Very kind of them! After we got settled in, Cindy gave us a tour of grounds, which was really helpful. Plus, she let us know about all the different events that happen throughout the week. (There's a board in the lobby that lets you know what kind of entertainment is on for the day) Cindy is SO nice; she was so welcoming and made us feel like part of the 'family'! Throughout our week's stay, we kind of got to know everyone. The staff are so helpful, laid-back, and kind. We were so impressed by all of them - - Tom, Larry, Cindy, George, Greg, Gabby, Corvet, Lynn, Clay, and EVERYONE else, including the interns (unfortunately I can't remember everyone's names; but please know I appreciate you all!). This place is fancy, but not snobby by any means, which makes it great for families and couples alike. The private beach is perfect, sandy and shallow, with enough room for everyone. We originally intended to go to lots of public beaches in Bermuda but decided against it because nothing compares to this. It's not crowded, and you're not going to be charged with additional chair and umbrella rental fees. There's even some rocks close to shore where some cool fish hang out. We saw schools of pompano and parrot fish, too, which was really neat. In fact, we caught a pompano fish and they cooked it up for us for lunch! We went swimming here and at the pool everyday, but for 3 days we just stayed at the beach the entire day because it's so nice and relaxing. They have these white mattresses you can take out on the ocean and lie on. The pool (open 24/7) is great, and fairly spacious. Also, there's a kiddy pool and 3 hot tubs. I love how there's bathrooms and a place to shower off the sand close to the beach. There's also two great outside bars. Room service is amazing; they even leave little chocolates on your pillow every night. Within the lobby there are a few lounges plus a library and many board games. There's also a games room downstairs by the spa. We liked it when 'Bubbles' the DJ came...lots of great music after dinner. Speaking of dinner...it was fabulous, every night! We ate 3 times in the Cedar Room and 4 times in the Ocean Grill. The Ocean Grill's menu never changes but you need a reservation (book multiple days in advance!!). The Cedar Room's menu changes every day and you don't need a reservation. We were on the meal plan so we got the five course meals every night which were delicious. Cheese pyramids, Bermuda fish chowder (best soup EVER!), seafood sausage, mahi mahi, pompano, oriental salad, fruit and brie, peanut butter peaks, chocolate mousse - - these were just some of the amazing dishes I tried. Plus...you get a nice basket of hot bread. The Rum Swizzle Party on Monday was great, it included a nice buffet spread of fish and salad and cheese and bread, plus anything from the BBQ you wanted! And then to top it off....any desert you wanted! On Thursday, we had s'mores on the beach. There was a breakfast buffet every morning (it moved from room to room). I loved the omlette station. The Pompano is located at the end of a long road, so it was very nice to get shuttle service to and from the bus stop. While we were there my son got a severe sun burn, so we really appreciated how Cindy picked some Aloe Vera growing by the hotel and got the chef to slice it up for us. And....I think I've covered everything. Thanks for a great time; when we come back to Bermuda we will definitely stay at Pompano again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank lovelushforever
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First, I want to say how nice, friendly and welcoming the people here are. Whenever I see a staff member or walk into the main lobby, I get a welcoming hello from the girls at the front desk or Tim O'Neil. Second, the chefs are amazing. For example, I went out on a fishing excursion with my dad (yes, i am 13) and took some fish home. That night, the chefs prepared it for us in a white wine beurre blanc, which I highly recommend, and the fish was free. Also, if you ever need any help with transport, the front desk tells you exactly what to do. They will even call a taxi for you. They give you the option to dine at any other resort in south Hampton for free because of their trade thing. The Reefs was definitely not kid friendly and is half time shares. However, pompano is very kid friendly and even has a nice game room with play stations, arcade games, ping pong, shuffle board, hockey and foosball. My favorite waiter was Lynn. He was so nice to me and he always wanted to have a conversation. When my sister was not feeling well, he perked her right up. I hope you come to the pompano beach club especially if you have kids. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a wonderful 4 day vacation and will certainly return to this comfortable resort. No place is perfect in all respects for all people. We found the accomodations and staff to be excellent. Our room was lovely. We ate in the Grille 3 of the 4 nights. The menu in this restaurant does not change..there are no specials, which surprised us. The Cedar Room does have another menu which we needed to try on the 4th night of our visit. We were a bit disappointed that there was only 1 vegetarian and 1 fish selection in this restaurant. Aside from that, we were so pleased to be at the Pompano and look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We enjoyed several days at The Pompano Beach Club in Bermuda. Our experience was truly SUPERIOR in every way. We loved our room; the overall
beauty of Pompano & the area; the friendly, always helpful staff; and the food was
terrific. It's an especially wonderful part of Bermuda: beautiful & convenient. We were
there from late May into early June. We will return as soon as possible; the best vacation in 27 years of marriage.

Room Tip: i think best tip is to ask the hotel mgt/staff to give you what they believe is the best available room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

A great place to decompress, private beach, wonderful views, fantastic service by an excellent staff. The golf course that is adjacent to the property is world class with views that you won't forget. The staff makes you feel right at home. The resort is at the end of the island away from the hustle, transportation system is excellent. Same ticket for the bus as the ferry and the resort will transport you to the station. We will go back.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room on the ocean on the upper floor, sunsets are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple