“golfers' heaven”

Port Royal Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Only shirts with collars on the green, please, and make your reservations early, because this course is popular among those golfers with refined tastes.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Amazing golf course. A must for anyone who loves the game. Perfect location. Public course. Good food.

1  Thank Zippo H

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Played this in mid-September while visiting the island by cruise ship. We took a taxi from the ship which was about $25 total each way. Was about a 15-20 minute drive from the port at the dockyard. Play was very light while we were there. We tee'd off about 9:30 and there was no one in front of us. It is cart-path only which no one told us until we ventured off the path and then they came running after us. This course has some of the most spectacular views I've ever seen on a golf course. Tough but fair layout in my opinion. A bit on the expensive side but I felt it was well worth it.

Oh, and my partner and I won the match and are now sporting brand new Port Royal hats as well as bragging rights!

1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I played Port Royal Golf Course as part of a Holland America Veendam tournament. Although this tournament was planned by the cruise line well in advance, the pro shop and cart attendants were unprepared for us. We had arranged to rent clubs and they did not have enough ladies clubs for all the ladies in the group. The golf course was somewhat of a disappointment as it did not live up to the rating given in Golf Digest. The views from the course, however, were spectacular! Sorry to say, if we return to Bermuda, we will be selecting one of the other courses on the island on which to play.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stunning views, lots of bunkers, recently revamped for the PGA annual tournament of champions. Good value especially after 3.00pm

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The views are spectacular. Get an afternoon tee time for a slightly discounted rate. My husband played and rented clubs. I rode along and drove the cart for an additional $20. The staff was nice enough and there was a beverage/snack cart available on course.

1  Thank LLPC-65