“One of Bermuda's best snorkelling spots.”
Review of Church Bay

More attraction details
Owner description: The coral reefs make this bay great for snorkeling, but not for inexperienced swimmers: the waters can get rough.
Reviewed March 2, 2012

One of Bermuda's best snorkelling spots and you don't have to take a boat to get there! Lots of fish and corals. Used to be a concession that rented snorkling gear but I don't klnow if it is still there.

1  Thank Mark B

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very good snorkelling on this small beach, head out to the reef line for a good chance of seeing some very interesting aquatic life. Not as crowded as Horshoe Bay usually.

1  Thank Craigypo
Reviewed December 9, 2011

i'd heard this was a great snorkeling beach, so when my nephew was pining to snorkel in March (and being the loving aunt I am, but not of cold water diving/snorkeling), I took him to Church Bay. The surf wasn't as rough as it has at times been at Horseshoe, there were other snorkelers in the water, so in we went. First, parking is limited, the beach is a long way down a wood boardwalk/stair arrangement (which keeps a lot of the riff-raff of Horseshoe to a minimum), the bathroom was skanky (i know, i had to put my wetsuit on in this basic latrine), and the access in to the water was rocky. Once 'in', I saw nothing stellar or out of the ordinary. I've seen as much color and variety off our (residential) Mangrove Bay beach, and MUCH more diversity at Tobacco Bay. I'll probably give Church Bay another try next summer, but then again, it may be better to keep my ears open for those snorkeling beaches they DON'T tell the tourists about ...

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Not very far from Horseshoe bay is a much smaller, and more private beach located at Church Bay.
It requires a short walk down steps directly onto the sand, and is surrounded by parkland.
This bay is a terrific place for some privacy among the rocky areas on the beach, with wonderfull snorkling and fish viewing opportunites.
This beach has a vender that rents chairs and unbrellas, but NO lifeguards on duty at anytime that I am aware of.
Some seaglass and trash seems to find it's way onto this beach as well.
Fishing from this beach is a no-no.
No facilties are available here with the exception of a public restroom and a few picnic tables located at the top of the park next to the roadway.
I rate this as one of our favorite beaches in bermuda for sure.

2  Thank KSWilson24
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Nice for snorkeling but need to be aware of the stairs and short walk from bus stop. The bus driver stopped above the beach as there are some pretty photo ops on and above the beach.