We just came back from Fairmont SouthHampton. Stayed there for three nights. We didn't experience problems with the service - on the contrary, we experienced good service. We booked our tour with Liberty Travel and we were supposed to get a moderate room, but when inquired at the hotel itself about potential upgrade, we were given a deluxe room with a magnificant view of the harbor. That view from the balcony was priceless!
Hotel's best part is its private beach. It is right next door to Horse shoe beach - a public beach we usually visit when on a cruise. Fairmont's beach is much better kept and there are plenty of lawn chairs and umbrellas supplied by the hotel. Nice little restaurant to pick up lunch from or a sandwich to go. There is a trolley that takes you to the beach every 10 minutes, but it is a an easy scienic walk to the beach (5min) if don't feel like waiting.
The property of the hotel is gorgeous and the views are excellent. You will love it there. It can be a place for romance (nice beach, romantic harborfront views and a balcony in your room with candle/matches provided) or a place to take your kids to. We saw many families with young kids as young as 1,5 year old.
And there is a day camp for kids that we heard is terrific. Only $15 per child per day. And they offer day trips for additional fee. We heard kids really enjoyed it. Kids also loved indoor and outdoor pools.
Also golf course looked great. (now, i am not a golfer so I can't provide any more insights there).
Hotel has at least 5 restauarants, we tried the ocean club - it is overlooking the harbor (make a reservation there for not earlier that 7pm if you want to sit outside otherwise it is too hot). The view from it is great, the food is expensive. We had an appetizers bento plate ($38) and were not very impressed.
Jasmine restaraunt inside the hotel - the casual one, turned out to be better. We had vegetarian pizza (yammy) and a trio of dips - very nice also. The bill came to about $38. And it was enough for dinner. In general, food is very expensive there.
Another thing that you can't walk anywhere interesting from Fairmont SouthHampton. Take a cab here and take a cab there.
Also, nothing to do at night - no pay per view service even.
But If you want to spent a few days at the gorgeous beach and to treat yourself to nice accomodations and good service - it is a place for you. We haven't tried scuba and snorkeling - but guessing that would be fun to do there as we saw a couple of colorful fishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont