I just returned from the Fairmont Princess and will give the pro's first - short flight from NY, beautiful beaches, good food, nice rooms and good weather. All reasons that should give us reason to want to go back but there are more con's than pro's not only for this hotel but for the island as a whole. You never had the "island" feel at this hotel or the other 2 we visited. No music on the beach or by the pool. Only one person serving the entire beach and pool area for drink orders so we saw her once each day if we were lucky. It was obvious that many of the locals disliked tourists. Shopping in Hamilton was nothing special but was very expensive. The hotel gives you nothing for the money. We met another couple who was there on their honeymoon 30 years ago and then again 10 years ago and they said the service has gone down tremedously and they never felt the resentment from the locals like they did on this trip. They also had complaints about the Concierge as we did and I noticed in previous reviews as well. They were the least informative or helpful group we have ever come across. All in all, there are other islands that go out of their way to make you feel special, provide entertainment and value for your money and we did not get that feeling in Bermuda. If you still want to give it a try I would recommend the following places to eat but will not be returning to the Fairmont Princess (or Bermuda for that matter) unless they change management who would look at providing value for the money and the natives learn to hide their resentment. Best experiences for food -definitely # 1 is Barracuda's in Hamilton. Lobster Pot in Hamilton very casual but good food. Waterlot on the property for steaks and chops was good and Bacci's on the property was OK for Italian food. By the way, book around a Sunday since nothing is opened that night except King Henry's which leaves alot to be desired. The golf course on the hotel grounds is only a Par 3 course. We heard there are better courses on the island although we doubt the Concierge would know where or how to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont