We just got back from a 5 day 4 night stay at this beautiful hotel. This hotel is everything that a hotel should be, especially when you are staying at an expensive resort. Although the building is quite old, it is very well kept, clean, and the rooms were updated, including the baths. I do agree with other reviews, the televisions are very small and old, and I think they could have had more family stations considering the amount of children there. Get the flatscreens and everything would be perfect!!! Only complaint: the towels are not very soft, possibly due to the water. Remember, there is no fresh water on the island, every drop is either rainwater collected, seawater treated, or reclaimed water filtered by the resort.
The service was top shelf. Everyone was kind, helpful, and extremely eager to please. (Especially Brigette, our housekeeper, and all the women on the 4th floor. They were all my 4 year old son's "Girlfirends" by the second day!).While we just had regular rooms, we were treated like we had the Owner's Suite. I do recommend that if you are planning to stay here, go onto their website at fairmont.com and sign up for their President's Club. It's free and by having your number you are given free fridges in your room, free internet access, and free use of their health club gym. I also recommend that you check out the menus at the resort's restaurants so you know in advance how much you will be spending on meals. If possible, get their meal plan. We had both breakfast and dinner included in our package and it was well worth it. One dinner alone was over $300.00 for two adults and two children. Going off site is not any less expensive, so be prepared. I would go to the Waterlot and Bacci, both were fantastic.
The outdoor pool area does become very crowded after 10 am so I would advise you to get there early and put down your towels for chairs. The beach was beautiful, with plenty of seats and umbrellas available if you just ask. Also a tip for families with young children ask at the towel stand if they have any buckets and shovels, they give them to you for the day for the kids if you just ask.
The ticket to great service here is kindness and a little consideration. "Please" and "Thank you" went a very long way. Be a little nice and you will get everything you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont