First and foremost i would like to state that i love the island of Bermuda.
Wehn it ocmes to the Fairmont South Hampton i was very disappointed with the hotel. The facilities themselves were very nice. It was a bit of a hastle ot have to take a trolly down to the beach and back but that was the least of my concerns.
We arrived at the Fairmont South Hampton on thursday afternoon aroudn 1 oclock. Our room was not ready (which i was fine with i dont have unrealistic standards) and was told that our room was GARUNTEED to be ready by 4. Not only after askeing more than 5 times if our room was ready, we werent able to get into our room til after 6 pm. When asked about their so called "garuntee of 4 oclock" the staff behind the counter shrugged and simply told us its what they try for.
One of our reasons for staying at the Fairmont South Hampton was to play golf. Myself and my friend brought our own clubs from home. When we arrived at the hotel at 1 pm one of the bellman asked us if we would like our golf clubs takemn down to the golf course to be kept which we said would be perfect. At 5:30, we went outside and our golf clubs were still sitting in the front of the hotel completely unattended. When asked why they were sitting out there and why that hadnt been taken care of we again recieved a shrug and had to bring them in ourselves.
Then yesterday evening when we were aboput to take the damned trolly down to the restaurant on the ocean we asked the bellman if we could have our golf clubs brought up from the golf course, which they claimed they would do right away. We got back from dinner 3 hours later and AGAIN our $1,000 golf clubs were sitting in the front of the hotel completely unattened to. Again when asked why they were out there yet again for the 2nd time with no one watching them, we just got mumbled answers.
These incidents were the most major of the ones we encountered in out 4 day stay at the hotel. The restaurants were very expensive with very minimal other lower price options available. I understand that alot of things on the island are more expansive but no matter where i got $30 for breakfast per person is a bit much if you ask me.
Other minor-ish things:
-for the size of the hotel the pool was small and almost impossible to find a chair at after 10 am
-the indoor pool and gym were only accessable to guests who booked a painfully and outrageously prices spa service
- had to pay to use the internet
-no business center
The best experience i had with the staff was with the golf shop workers. Nothing bad to say about them, they were more than helpful.
All in all i loved the island but was very unimpressed with the hotel and its staff for what it costs to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont