I have a condo in Bermuda for work but decided on this occasion that it would be nice to spend a few days R&R in a hotel. We chose the Southampton Princess/Fairmont Southampton because we had heard good things about their spa. There had been some publicity about high staff lay offs due to the economy and this was evident. Most of the restaurants were closed and most disappointingly the spa and fitness centre were also closed. There had been no mention of this on their website or at check in. Be careful also of the taxes. They have three different kinds of tax which you only find out about at check out. They also include a charge for tipping the maid every day which is worked out $10 per person not per room per day. Worth knowing if you are, like me, the kind of person who leaves a tip in the room on a daily basis. My company were paying and it still came as a shock! I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager who did respond, without offering apology and stating that these were standard charges. If they are standard, the information should be available on the website along with information about restaurant/spa closures so that customers can make an informed decision prior to booking. And now for the good points! The lobby of the hotel is beautiful, rooms are nice and a good size (we had deluxe ocean view rooms), the restaurants, when open, are good. I recommend Bacci for the best Italian food and friendly service. This hotel is also well located for the beaches on South Shore which are the nicer beaches on the Island. If I were to stay in a hotel again in Bermuda I would choose the Elbow Beach Hotel. The spa there is fantastic, beautiful location on the beach, great sunday brunch and closer to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont