-Very nice private beach with chairs, umbrellas and towels. The location just steps away from Horseshoe Bay beach is also a big plus!
-Ferry to Hamilton was pretty convenient (the last ferry back to the hotel leaves hamilton at 7pm, so if you want a later night there you have to plan for a bus ride/cab back)
-We only ate at Jasmine and Wickets but found the food and service to be excellent at both restaurants
-The walls in our room were very thin, we could clearly hear conversations happening in the rooms on either side of us. A couple of nights the noise level was very loud and kept us up or awoke us during the night.
-We found the beds to be very uncomfortable
-I agree with a previous poster that mentioned a urine smell, there was definitely some sort of foul smell that lingered in the bathroom, it seemed like the smell came from the plumbing and was stronger when the shower was running
-The hotel is somewhat remote from other attractions or restaurants (besides the hotel restaurants) so you need to be prepared for long walks, cab rides, or the bus/ferry just to reach another restaurant or find something to do.
This was our first trip to Bermuda and we got a great rate. We enjoyed the beaches but If we were to return we would consider other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont