We stayed from June 14-21st at the Fairmont Southampton Princess Hotel. It has been at least 7 years since I stayed here and this is the first trip for my teens to this hotel. The hotel is a large luxury hotel. We had one of the special rates for 129 per night plus a million dollars in taxes and fees upon check out. It comes out to about 200 per night for the room. Still a steal in Bermuda. The hotel sits atop the hill and offers the most for families with beach, pools, game room, shops, and they do have a kids club for younger ones.
We found all of our dinners to be very good. Our favorite was the Waterlot. Excellent filet mignon and service. We also dined at the Ocean Club, Bacci and Wickets and would recommend all of them.
We checked in and also had requested a fridge, but never received one. We moved some of the mini bar stuff around and used that. We first checked in and were put on the second floor. The room was fine and had a view of the harbour (looking down was rooftop and not attractive, but looking straight out was great). Well we never ask to be moved, but moved on day two of our trip because our neighbors with the connecting door were so loud. The kids yelled all the time (little kids) and the parents had a fight about 11pm on our first night. I was dying to yell shut up through the connector! So, we moved to the third floor and were blessed to have a room with no connector. Our new view was the water/lighthouse side with the a/c fans down below. Our joke was the 99 dollar rooms were floor 1 and we were the 129s so floor 2, etc... But I don't think too many people got our rate.
Food is expensive and so we stopped at the grocery store near the college on the way to the hotel. We picked up milk, yogurts, snacks and drinks. It definitely helped to eat breakfast in our room with our supplies daily.
Housekeeping always did a good job. no complaints. We did have our bathroom lights go out on our last night. All the bulbs in the shower/toilet area went out as if a fuse was blown. We left it and showered in the dark the last night. I figured they could deal with that when we left. A/C worked fine as did everything else. The fire alarms went off twice during the afternoons during our trip. Nothing was ever wrong, but it was still eire.
Oh and when we changed rooms, the room we were moved into had had a smoker in the non smoking room. The closet had a really strong smell like a pipe smoker had been in there. It disappated by the next day, but the smell was strong. I hate the smell of smoke, but felt it was better than screaming kids.
The hotel wasn't full until our last night. The beach went from a few families to packed overnight. The beach is much nicer when the hotel is less full. I also noted hearing people get frustrated with the beach food hut. It seemed they couldn't handle the volume of customers. We had no problems.
I also think if you are pleasant, most of the service people are very pleasant and helpful back.
Oh and the rooms have a spacious walk in closet which was great for a family of 4. The room was a decent size.
I would definitely return to the island of Bermuda and the Fairmont Southampton especially if we could get that rate again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont