We stayed in the Gold rooms on the 6th floor. Initial check in was not very smooth as they seem to be inundated with guests. Were told our room was ready and arrived to find cleaners still in it. Bags took forever to come up to room and were not offered a drink on check in as I observed others doing. No great disasters just slightly annoying kinks that can be prevented.
Room was very large with a great view of the Harbor and Heritage dock in distance. Great walk in closet with plenty of draw space, comfy bed, pleasant balcony and good turn down service.
The breakfast on Gold floor is included (as are refreshments all day, afternoon tea, wine and cheese/ Hors D'oevres happy hour and Petits fours (Cakes!) at 8.00pm if you are so inclined).
This property has certainly improved cosmetically since my last visit after their multi-million make-over. The Newport Room is closed (looks a bit stuffy anyway) but all 6 other options are available onsite. The pool appeared small for number of guests but we were happy to spend most days at their beach or next door at Horseshoe Bay, a short walk away.
Generally the service is good but I can see how some guests might not take advantage of all the place has to offer. You really do need to do your research and get yourself familiar with all restaurants/bars/spas/golf/shuttle service/ferries etc.
A very enjoyable stay with great access using bus , ferries etc to the rest of Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont