The Fairmont Southampton is a fine luxury resort, so it is hard to rate it lower than a 4, but several things happened that made me mark down my rating.
First, the staff was as good as you'd hope. Everyone we dealt with was professional, helpful and friendly.
Good location, lovely views, nice private beach, quick shuttle service around the property, ferry to Hamilton, excellent restaurants and spa, nice executive golf course with views the equal of any other golf course I've ever experienced, beautifully appointed rooms and common areas, what's not to like?
Our first room had a problem with the air conditioner I had to ask about twice. Also the tv wouldn't totally turn off and glowed in the dark. The first problem was serious enough where we were moved to a nicer suite with an ocean view (our 1sr floor first suite had a view dominated by the roof of the Windows on the Sound restaurant). I give full marks to the staff for responding to our problem in this manner. The tv problem wasn't addressed and I was told this problem was occurring with this batch of tvs. No problem as I just unplugged it.
There was one other problem with out first suite: conversation from the next room could be clearly heard in our room. Our neighbors stayed up well past midnight and I slept with earplugs. I expected better soundproofing between rooms at such an upscale hotel.
The noise problem occurred in a different way with our new accommodations. Our room overlooked the swimming pool. Our first night, we got to listen to a movie that was being shown on a big screen by the pool. This didn't go that late, but if we were early birds, it would have affected our sleeping. Two nights later, there was a cocktail party in or near the same location and attendees some of whom were having a lively time were there until somewhere between 11 pm and midnight. Both of these experiences might have been less noticeable if we were on a higher floor, but we were on the first floor.
In the end, we had a very good experience at this resort, but a few problems prevent me from giving it highest marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont