Just got back from a week at the Fairmont Southhampton and to paraphrase a famous quote - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
- when we arrived at the hotel I was greeted by Nick and it was like I was a long lost friend, great big smile and couldn't have been nicer. When we left Nick also came by to say good bye. I would say all of the staff said hello and was helpful.
- the location was great, very peaceful.
- good bed and comfortable pillows
- the room was spacious and clean
- good selection on the tv
- we ate a couple of times on property and the food was good
- the hotel helped arrange a party for my daughter and it went off with out an issue
- I was once told that when on vacation don't worry about the cost, just enjoy the time. This was put to the test in Bermuda in general and the hotel in particular. A number of reviews talked about how expensive Bermuda is so I wasn't totally surprised, but the hotel costs seemed very high, which meant after the second day we stop eating on property. We found a number of good options in Hamilton.
- I was surprised to be charged for the use of the internet and the gym, to me that seems petty. Just a hint to avoid these charges - join their President's Club and they wave the charges
- we had trouble getting regular maid service - they seemed under staffed
- my bill had a few extra charges which got removed but frustrating to deal with it.
- I was surprised at how dirty the beach was, not just seaweed but trash. I was even more surprised to see a staff member pick up a few pieces of trash yet leave the beach still with trash
- the van service is good but not well explained and a number of people got on the wrong shuttle.
We had a great time and will visit Bermuda again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont