Fairmont Southampton
$559
Cambridge Beaches(Sandys Parish)
$632
$599
Elbow Beach, Bermuda(Paget Parish)
$675
TripAdvisor
$419
TripAdvisor
Pompano Beach Club(Southampton Parish)
Dawkin's Manor(Paget Parish)
4,270 results
All reviewsgold floorocean clubjasmine loungeindoor poolwaterlot inngolf courseprivate beachfree ferry to hamiltonpresident's clubhorseshoe baywalk in closetgastro pubtrolley serviceconcierge deskwillow stream spanewport roomnewport gastropub
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now, and really enjoy my time at the Fairmont Southampton. The big attraction for me is the amazing private beach, it really is one of my favourite beaches in the world. A great place to chill out, have a swim and be served Dark and Stormies at your sun lounger!

Like everywhere on Bermuda, it is quite pricey, especially with obligatory service charges added. The rooms are all of a decent size, and it's really only the view that is the distingushing feature. My only negative is that it can be quite a noisy hotel as room doors don't offer much sound proofing, and for some reason you can always hear your neighbours and upstairs walking around. Having said this, if you avoid interconnecting rooms, you should be fine.

I would happily go back.

Room Tip: higher floors offer the best views.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We chose this hotel for my retirement holiday after reading all the reviews and having previously stayed at Fairmonts in Singapore and Toronto.We already knew about the 17percent service charge which is added to bills and so were expecting decent service.Our expectations were more than exceeded.The staff are attentive, friendly and take every opportunity to greet you with a smile and a few words.We knew how expensive Bermuda is so we chose half board - referred to as "on a meal plan" at the hotel.We had a choice of 5 restaurants plus a burger bar, beach cafe and a lounge serving light meals.The meal plan included any starter main course desert tea and coffee.Alcohol was obviously extra also if you chose the Waterlot restaurant you had to pay extra if you wanted certain items on the menu.Breakfast was a full buffet breakfast.Not entirely sure if this was the cheaper option if you don't always want to eat 3 courses but the service charge was included and so the only charge on checkout was for incidentals.We would really recommend the Ocean Club by the beach for delicious sea food and gorgeous sea views.Robel and his colleagues will make you welcome.The beach was fairly quiet and very pretty.You could easily spend all your time at the hotel using the hotel beach and Horseshoe public beach next door.Our room was a corner room with sea view so we had an extra large balcony and two separate glass doors.The room was lovely and the view spectacular.It is always the people who make the difference in a hotel and we were blown away by the staff here. Thankyou for a memorable break.

Room Tip: We had room 332 and it was great: sea view , corner so extra large balcony with dual aspect.It has connecting door with room next door so avoid if you do not like these.
1  Thank lesley l
Carlita L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Fairmont Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review. I am glad that you had a fabulous retirement holiday and enjoyed the food, service, and hotel property. I am particularly pleased you found the staff so friendly and helpful, and that we helped make the trip a memorable one. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This summer we made our family trip to the beautiful island of Bermuda and stayed at the illustrious Southampton princess. We had a lovely time on the island as well as the hotel. Courteous and helpful staff. The only negative part of our trip, besides the weather was the music at the beach for happy hour and the BBQ. Coming to an island, I was expecting to hear island style music. But to my dismay I heard music that made the think I was back in the US, like country and classic rock. When I go to an island such as Bermuda, like other islands I have been to like Jamaica, I anticipate hearing island style music and not that. Huge disappointment. If I go back again I would hope this would change.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andre j

Thank you for posting your thoughts to TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff. I am disheartened, however, that you did not enjoy the entertainment provided. Bermuda has a very diverse music scene which we provided in our summer entertainment line-up, from a funky ukelele player, to a reggae/pop trio, to a jazz fusion band, to a soul band. Bermuda is musically and culturally very different than Jamaica, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by what we provided. I hope that you will reconsider visiting again in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights recently at the Fairmont Southampton and we were incredibly pleased with our stay. The service -- specifically from the Concierge and in the Jasmine Lounge -- was top notch.

We're both vegetarians and had delicious meals at all the restaurant locations on the Southampton's property (except for the Waterlot, which we did not go to), which is not always the case when we travel. Bacci, their Italian restaurant was delicious and our favorite.

Other highlights were afternoon tea at the Jasmine Lounge and breakfast at Windows on the Sound.

Incredibly convenient private beach location with towels, showers and changing room, and nice to have the hotel shuttle to use. It's also incredibly easy to walk over to Horseshoe Bay next to the private beach. We also used the complimentary ferry to Hamilton, which was another great perk.

If you're not used to Bermuda prices, the cost of the hotel and food there can be a bit of a shock, but considering the service and all the little perks included, you more than get your money's worth at the Fairmont Southampton.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Several months ago my husband I stayed at the Fairmont South Hampton and did not have such a great experience. The manager read my review and took the initiative to contact us immediately to obtain our feedback as well as ask that we give them another chance. His effort to right the wrong impressed us and we decided to return this past week to celebrate our wedding anniversary. WOW!!! This is the hotel everyone has been raving about. The experience was so much better. The staff was courteous, our meals were awesome, the room terrific.....there are so many wonderful things to say! One of our favorite experiences was dinner at the Water Lot. It reminded me of memorable dinners years ago at Tavern on the Green however with Bermudian flair. I also must mention the toiletries - Le Labos Rose 21 found only in NYC - fantastic. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already planning our return trip in May.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela L

These are the reviews that truly make us proud - when we are able to show a guest that we can do better. Thank you so much for giving us another chance and letting us show you how friendly and helpful our staff can be. I am particularly glad you enjoyed the Waterlot Inn, which is truly a stunning restaurant. We can't wait to have you back, thank you again for your review.