We booked a room on the gold floor with an ocean view, the room was spacious and clean, and the housekeeping staff kept it clean and stocked with towels all week. The breakfast, tea and happy hour were wonderful, as was the staff that attended to you during it. Most days that was enough food to get us through the day! We saved money by not having to eat out. You also have access to complimentary soda and water, which saved money too. The beach was very nice, we walked to Horseshoe Bay one day, but left right away because the cruise ships were in port and it was very crowded, the hotels private beach had everything we needed and the trolleys were always available to bring us there and back. The only drawback was misinformation given to us a few times by different staff. We were told that the shops at the Dockyard were open late on Mondays (otherwise everything closes by 5 or 6 everywhere), so we took a cab there to find out they were all closed. We asked to buy bus passes from our 6th floor concierge, and was told they didn't sell them in the hotel, but when talking to the front desk, was told they do sell them. We requested a paper everyday, but did not get it, told the concierge and she said she would take care of it, but never did. You can take the ferry to the sister hotel for activities too, but we asked about Wednesday wine tasting we were told that had ended-not true! We went to the sister hotel the next day and saw that it had taken place, more misinformation. When we mentioned these things to the staff, they were not very apologetic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont