We stayed at the Southampton Fairmont from June 3-8, 2008 for our 20th anniversary. This is our 11th time to Bermuda and our 8th time at this property ( formerly the Southampton Princess). We were treated to chocolate strawberries, champagne and fresh fruit awaiting us in our room as a recognition of our anniversary. This property is breath-taking and impeccably clean.
We requested a harbor-view room on or above the fourth floor and were given exactly what we requested. We also found it quite easy to book all of our dinner reservations online at the hotel restaurants prior to our departure at home.
We ate at the Bacci ( Italian) , Waterlot (Steak), Ocean Club (Thai), Wickets (Informal variety of menu items) and the beach snack bar, Cabana. A full breakfast buffet was served daily in Windows. The food is incredible and do be prepared for the high prices, unless you have purchased a Dine-Around Plan or the Discovery package ( which we did) that includes breakfast and $100 per person, per night resort credit which can be applied to meals or other items ( stores, the Spa) purchased at the hotel. At every restaurant we attended throughout our trip, the host or hostess greeted us by name and wished us a Happy Anniversary ( nice touch, we thought).
The beach remains wonderful with sufficient lounge chairs for all. There are many thatched umbrellas for shade and if you aren't lucky enough to get chairs under one of them, the hard-working staff will put a beach umbrella over any beach chair you choose. The Cabana restaurant has wonderful food. Definitely get the tuna wrap. YUM!
We found the staff to be even more friendly than we remembered, always smiling and willing to help in any way they can. Prompt responses to requests were made.
Do review your bill carefully. We found that errors were not uncommon as we heard from other guests as well as tripadvisor reviewers. On our bill, breakfast was erroneously charged. However, the matter was handled promptly and without any problem. We found it was easier to review our bill at the end of the second day and have the problem corrected then, instead of waiting until check-out time. There were no errors on the day we checked out. Do note that if you are on the Discovery package, the credit is not taken off of the bill until you are ready to check out and the final bill is printed.
All in all, between the beauty of this wonderful country and the friendliness of the Fairmont staff, I do not believe that you will be disappointed if you choose to vacation in Bermuda and stay at the Fairmont.
If anyone would like further information about this hotel or Bermuda, in general, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont